starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Top 10 Getting Strong "Oh Yes" Moments

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    When you're leaving the work cafeteria in the morning with your breakfast burrito, walking past three young ladies that are chatting, and as you go out the glass door, you see all three of them in the reflection of the glass, turn around and stare at your ass/back, mouthing "gawd damn!".

Quote Originally Posted by Sam A View Post
    When a guy much bigger than you comes over to your deadlift setup, loudly critiques you in front of the whole gym, with many onlookers. Tries to demonstrate the "right way." When he can't make the weight budge, he looks at the two plates on the bar and says "Oh, those are 100s."
    "You didn't know?" I reply with a shit-eating grin, and proceed to pull 445x5.
    this is priceless

It's a great feeling for sure. Today I had to beat 4 seized rims off of an oil site ambulance due to them being so seized on. No one has taken them off in the last 2 years because they are afraid of lifting them as they weigh about 200lbs each.

30 minutes of swinging a 20lb sledgehammer and I was mildly sweating but not even really breathing hard. That would have killed me before. Then back to work as usual after.

Nothing so exciting here, but being able to hand-over-hand all the way across the monkey bars at the park with my kid, when the other Dads bail on the first rung is fun.

Or climbing 20 or so feet up the metal sliding pole using arms only, racing and beating the kids who are running up the ladder the long way.

Or doing chinups with a 5 year old hanging off your back, the moms seemed to appreciate that one.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Three things: 1. When my wife looked at me and gave me the name for my posts.
    2. When my wife who later joined me in the program tells me of the times she tells the bagger at the grocery that she can lift the items into the car and adds that she is a weightlifter.
    3.CarsonAPA2014 - YouTube
    Absolutely awesome video. Well done. You're my hero.

I sure hope I can still pull that much when I hit 67.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    I sure hope I can still pull that much when I hit 67.
    Oh and I meant to edit it and say great job, Carson. Should have put that in the first time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456