starting strength gym

Thread: High blood pressure "unusual" heart condition

Default High blood pressure "unusual" heart condition

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ok this is about my brother, he is just 25 but i think posting it in the elderly forum is the best way to gest some answers.
    I have just learned yesterday that by brother has a very unusual heart condition, he does not feel getting tired. He went to a doctors office and they found he has a very high blood pressure that stays high all day, they put him on a tredmill and asked him to run for 15 min, he went for 90 min and asked if 15 min have already passed. His blood pressure at the time was 220/140 and he felt normal, was not out of breath or tired like anyone else would be. He sais his muscles are getting tired but his brain keeps telling him it's ok and to keep going. Doctors don't know how to approach his condition, when he asked them if he should take breaks after 15 minutes of work or after 45 just to lover his blood pressure down, they said they don't know.
    Has anyone here had a similar experience, is weight training going to help in any way? I have clients now with heart problems and thy are improving but i have never heard about what my brother is experiencing. We are living in different countries but i want to coach him online and see if it will lower his blood pressure.

I've never had a doctor give a hoot about my endurance, perceived exertion, or my feelings. Was there a cardiologist in the building during this? In all seriousness, why would they care how he feels? Shouldn't their focus just be on his blood pressure?
    Anyway, I only play a doctor in these forums as I am a computer guy in real life and I shouldn't be listened to.
    someone with high blood pressure is only going to make it higher (albeit for brief periods) getting under the bar. I think he should get his blood pressure under control before doing this. That's my vote (are we voting?).

Is there a specific name for this condition? The symptoms described don't add up to me. Not only does he not appear to feel fatigue, he thinks 90 minutes of exertion is really 15? Is there some sort of skewing of his time perception?

There's way too many gaps in the description. Get a medical professional's assistance before proceeding is my best advice. "Unusual" heart conditions are not standard topics, even in the Elderly forum.