starting strength gym
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Sticker

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Perhaps instead of dividing them into sex and age, just offer a series of scaled stickers (sort of like they do with half marathon, full marathon, crazy-ass distance marathon, etc.). Something like 50/100/150/200, 100/150/200/250, 200/300/400/500, etc. However, I'm not sure how best to break it down so that it has some kind of relevance and isn't also a giant pain to print.

Maybe work with the Strengthlifting Federation and they could offer an officially sanctioned version that's earned at a meet with just the three contested lifts?
    I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    I like this idea.
    To refine:

Two sets of master stickers, one with four lifts (assuming the power clean is left off) for Starting Strength and one with three lifts for the USSF. They would be broken down into units (e.g. 50/100/150/200, 100/150/200/250, etc. – whatever is decided). Both printed in white with black font. A separate sticker, a grey bar or chevron, that can be obtained for the Masters crowd and adhered to the main sticker. Print a set of male/female symbols, the words, or just a capital W or M (depending on font) that can be adhered upside down or right side up to the main sticker for sex. People can buy whatever they want from SS and for the USSF it’s distributed as a standard part of making a meet total.

To determine the unit break down, it should be possible to pull some useful grouping stats from the work that Nicholas Racculia did on program compliance. There’s also all the data archived by Tom Campitelli in the USSF meet results over the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I had to think about those numbers for a second but I like it. I'm almost 60 and those numbers are eventual goals of mine.
    54 here, going on 55. On the latest podcast, Rip talked more about numbers that ended in zeros, but I think we all know how powerful plate milestones can be, modest as these are.

For us geezer heart attack survivors, a 120/80 sticker is most pleasing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Hey Folks. We've had a request for a "Club Sticker" for those of you more life-experienced folks. So, I need to figure out what the numbers should be for male and female stickers. The current ones are here: Club Sticker - Are you in the Club? | The Aasgaard Company

Representing Press, bench, squat, deadlift:
    Dudes - 200/300/400/500
    Ladies - 100/155/225/315

What should the Masters stickers be?
    I don't have an opinion on other numbers, but maybe it would be nice if the digits 4-0, 5-0 or 6-0 were a different color or similar, and maybe a zero on the men's as the Mars symbol and on the women's as the Venus ?

Also thanks for giving us another motivating goal - I'm just short of 2/3/4/5.

I like the idea of chevrons denoting age, 40+ / 50+ / 60+ / 70+ / 80+ / 90+ ...if you're 100+ five gold stars.

As to totals: 150/250/350/450, though that might be a bit too easy for the 40/50 cohort.

Hard to pick a single set of numbers for geezers due to different rates of accumulated injuries, other factors that vary increasingly with age.

How about an array of numbers, starting with, say 50, so 50 is a column header and 100, 150, 200, 250 would be in a column assuming 2x for press, 3x for bench, etc.

Column headers 50/60/70/80/90/100; multipliers below.

At the bottom of each column, a check box we could fill with a permanent marker. It would have two checkboxes filled if we hit multiples of 60, etc., leaving open checkboxes to drive progress.

"stickers?!, we don't need no stinkin' stickers!"

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    my favorite sticker so far was given to me by my SIL for my car window - simply in bold black :

I like this. It is a concise statement of "I don't run, because I don't have to!"

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    Hard to pick a single set of numbers for geezers due to different rates of accumulated injuries, other factors that vary increasingly with age.
    How about using Kilgore's charts (with some rounding and an assumption of the 200lb minimum useful man weight)? Looks like:

180/265/350/445 for a 40+ and 160/240/325/405 for 50+ ( neither is quite as catchy as 2/3/4/500).

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast