starting strength gym
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Sticker

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnys View Post
    How about using Kilgore's charts (with some rounding and an assumption of the 200lb minimum useful man weight)? Looks like:

180/265/350/445 for a 40+ and 160/240/325/405 for 50+ ( neither is quite as catchy as 2/3/4/500).
    I always liked the idea of age-adjusted "strength standards" as a way to measure myself. No doubt there should be variables for anthropomeric differences, but legend has it these numbers were not the result of scientific method. Personally, for simplicity I've settled on the multipliers like Nick is promoting. I've hit 80s, pressing for 90s by year end when I hit 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    No doubt there should be variables for anthropomeric differences, but legend has it these numbers were not the result of scientific method. Personally, for simplicity I've settled on the multipliers like Nick is promoting. I've hit 80s, pressing for 90s by year end when I hit 65.
    Legend is incorrect. I vetted the old Kilgore standards against a couple of federations raw Master's winning lifts for the elite category back when I first got here some years ago. They tracked pretty closely then. Given that level of veracity, I took the lower ranking columns on faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    I like this idea.
    So do I. I'm not sure we can do better. Masters are such a heterogenous population that it's really the most elegant approach.

50/100/150/200
    100/150/200/250
    135/225/315/405
    150/300/405/500

Something like that. Four to six, say, stickers with numbers SOMETHING like that. Captures the range of Masters performance without degenerating into "trophy for everybody" silliness.

Default Thank you Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Hey Folks. We've had a request for a "Club Sticker" for those of you more life-experienced folks. So, I need to figure out what the numbers should be for male and female stickers. The current ones are here: Club Sticker - Are you in the Club? | The Aasgaard Company

Representing Press, bench, squat, deadlift:
    Dudes - 200/300/400/500
    Ladies - 100/155/225/315

What should the Masters stickers be?
    Perfect!! I am excited that you guys are considering this....Gives us vintage (over 50) ladies a "goal" to work toward. Sometimes it's the little things that people strive for...like a sticker of weights achieved from your training program....lol ;-)

THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Legend is incorrect. I vetted the old Kilgore standards against a couple of federations raw Master's winning lifts for the elite category back when I first got here some years ago. They tracked pretty closely then. Given that level of veracity, I took the lower ranking columns on faith.
    If you learn to use the search function, you'll learn otherwise.

I like the idea of Wilks score patches, e.g. 200, 250, 300, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    If you learn to use the search function, you'll learn otherwise.
    OK, I just did that under the phrase Kilgore's age adjusted strength standards. I didn't see anything turn up much later than 2011 on the entire board and then there's this.https://startingstrength.com/resourc...tml#post327040

If you've got other information, I'm interested in learning about it in terms other than "legend has it."

Did you use other and better search phrases? I also did a Google search using the same phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Probably the same as the Ladies.... Will they come in Pink?
    That's fine, but are we using the golf rule where if you can't pass the ladies...

K. Somebody give me the lifting numbers for a 45 year old to shoot for.:-)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    K. Somebody give me the lifting numbers for a 45 year old to shoot for.:-)
    How much do you weigh?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast