starting strength gym
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Sticker

Default Club Sticker

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Folks. We've had a request for a "Club Sticker" for those of you more life-experienced folks. So, I need to figure out what the numbers should be for male and female stickers. The current ones are here: Club Sticker - Are you in the Club? | The Aasgaard Company

Representing Press, bench, squat, deadlift:
    Dudes - 200/300/400/500
    Ladies - 100/155/225/315

What should the Masters stickers be?

Probably the same as the Ladies.... Will they come in Pink?

Hmmm, Masters come in age adjusted ranges so this could be a tough one to pull off. Perhaps an averaging from the 40's to 65+ for each lift?

That's what I was thinking, but anything I come up with will be largely a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but anything I come up with will be largely a guess.
    Still this could be interesting and fun. What are the numbers supposed to actually convey? 1RM for that particular lift? This could be a hassle and I don't know enough about this topic if it is that different but how about a sticker for 40s, 50s, and 60s? If that's not too much to work then perhaps pick the numbers for the 50s?

Sully might have some good thoughts on this since he deals with us older people all the time.

So this all started from the ancient wisdom that a guy should be able to press 200, bench 300, squat 400, and DL 500. So that could mean 1 RM. I've given them out to guys when they've hit these for a single. Things get trickier when dealing with people who are less male and less young in terms of response to training. So we came up with the "female" numbers after discussing it with a few SSCs. I guess the idea is a baseline set of numbers that are really completely arbitrary, but that get you into "The Club."

Perhaps instead of dividing them into sex and age, just offer a series of scaled stickers (sort of like they do with half marathon, full marathon, crazy-ass distance marathon, etc.). Something like 50/100/150/200, 100/150/200/250, 200/300/400/500, etc. However, I'm not sure how best to break it down so that it has some kind of relevance and isn't also a giant pain to print.

Maybe work with the Strengthlifting Federation and they could offer an officially sanctioned version that's earned at a meet with just the three contested lifts?

my favorite sticker so far was given to me by my SIL for my car window - simply in bold black :

I vote for 135/225/315/405.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    I vote for 135/225/315/405.
    I had to think about those numbers for a second but I like it. I'm almost 60 and those numbers are eventual goals of mine.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast