starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Wheeled Vehicles: My downfall!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sorry to hear about this, heal fast!

My friend, It is sad to read of your injuries especially because of your kindness toward me. I lead a rather sedentary life compared with yours. I think if I had it in me I would do more of the things you do. Still, it must be frustrating to be stopped in your tracks. But who wants to "go quietly in that dark night". I'd much rather wear out than rust out.

This is hilarious! I totally relate!

Just started training again. Ortho says to keep the squats and DLs "light" for another 6 weeks. "After that you can do anything you like, but let it heal first!" I read Sully's post on bone healing and he said he would knock about a third off of a doctors conservative wait times. I'm squatting 65lbs 3 sets of 8 and feeling like a sissy. I've always had the attitude that I don't care what other people think, but hey! it turns out that squatting 65lbs is embarrassing!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, "Elderly" crowd. Much appreciated!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyD View Post
    I know your sense of frustration. I just got a new knee this summer. I was doing great on the LP. So, I went for MTB ride. I was just swinging my leg over the saddle while pushing off with my other foot when I hit a rock that stopped me dead in my tracks. I fell over in to a berry vine patch. I tore a muscle in the back of my "good" leg. I had to lay there for about 10 minutes before I could haul my sorry ass out of the patch Lycra pants aren't much good against all those thorns. My wife just about died laughing while pulling them out of my butt. I'm almost back to where i was before the crash. I think I'll be ready just in time for the ski season. I have my ski pass hanging on my key rack to stay motivated. Life can be entertaining in ways I can't imagine.
    I was referring to this post, being hilarious!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12