starting strength gym

Thread: Abdominal laparoscopic surgery

Default Abdominal laparoscopic surgery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Two weeks ago I had laparoscopic surgery for GERD (LINX device installed) Has anyone else had a similar procedure? How soon did you return to heavy lifting? It is not major surgery but I do have five small incisions in my abdomen. I am thinking about backing off the weight considerably and working my way up.

I had laparoscopic surgery to repair a biateral inguinal hernia at the end of August. I was back in the gym in 10 days. Only 3 holes for that surgery. Many on this site have returned in a similar time frame. Don't know the details of your type of surgery though so you may have to wait longer.

What did your surgeon say?

It depends on your recovery. After my first car of appendicitis I did not get back into the gym for almost eight weeks, but there were many complications, not just a simple laparoscopic prodcedure. After second appendicitis (yes it is possible, very long story) I was back at work in three days and lifting two weeks after laparoscopic procedure. Started light and worked back up, basically a mini LP.