starting strength gym

Thread: New Knee Report

Thumbs up New Knee Report

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I got a total knee replacement 4 months ago. Went back to light weights to get my range of motion back to about 110 degrees. Then the weights went back up in a linear progression. I was lifting up until just a few days before the surgery. I went to Mammoth Mtn for my first ski trip of the season. I was able to put in 3 hrs each day for 2 days. Doesn't sound like much but with the high speed chairs these days that was a lot of vertical. The first run was thrilling just to be on the snow again. The knee didn't even register. It's been years since I skied without pain. I know I'm preaching to the choir but I would not be able to ski without Starting Strength. It's a real fountain of youth. Thanks Mark and Sully. I'm still young at 67

Good to hear! This gives me hope for when I get to that age. It goes to show aging doesn't have to be as bleak as everyone says it is.

How early after the surgery did you get back to lifting light weights?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyD View Post
    I know I'm preaching to the choir
    And the choir loves it.

I started about 5 weeks after surgery. Just a bar with lots of concentration on form. My form definitely feels better now more balanced with out worrying about grumpy knee.