starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January fad exercises observations

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You know you're in the geezer forum when someone references Nadia.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTxDave View Post
    One gent actually went full Nadia Comaneci today and launched himself over the bar and into a face plant.
    I'll add to the fads. There's a young guy at the gym who benches with an unevenly loaded bar because ... of course he does. And, he switches the uneveness (a word I am copyrighting) between sets.

I want to ask him WTF but I don't want to catch his disease.

For years I've read these kinds of posts, and I'm always to hear of someone actually offering genuine help or support. All of you probably, deep down, don't have the balls to do half the things you say you wanna do. It's a fucking gym, full of people who care and enjoy different aspects of physical culture. Help where it's needed, and understand that to a lot of people, you look like the fool. Im sure slit of lifters on here don't look better than the gym bro or gal, so next time you think you have it figured out, don't forget that not a single fuck is given about what you do, by anyone but you. Here's the rub, some of those idiots were us.. And beverages me, to anyone who started lifting as an older adult, you have zero room to bitch. You ignored your health your whole life, that is worse than the dumbell fuckery you bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericreichelt81 View Post
    For years I've read these kinds of posts, and I'm always to hear of someone actually offering genuine help or support. All of you probably, deep down, don't have the balls to do half the things you say you wanna do. It's a fucking gym, full of people who care and enjoy different aspects of physical culture. Help where it's needed, and understand that to a lot of people, you look like the fool. Im sure slit of lifters on here don't look better than the gym bro or gal, so next time you think you have it figured out, don't forget that not a single fuck is given about what you do, by anyone but you. Here's the rub, some of those idiots were us.. And beverages me, to anyone who started lifting as an older adult, you have zero room to bitch. You ignored your health your whole life, that is worse than the dumbell fuckery you bitch about.
    The irony :roller eyes: if you had just stayed silent you could have genuinely made the claim that you were above all that bitching, but since you joined in by bitching at the bitches... :shrug:

Right, it's why I post so little. I knew I messed up.

Right, it's why I post so little. I knew I messed up.
    Not the least of which because your first post appears to have been made in a condition of intoxication. To wit:

"slit of lifters"?

"some of those idiots were us"?

"And beverages me"?

What exactly were you trying to convey other than scorn? Because for the life of me, I couldn't parse a good chink of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    We are obviously all part of the Rippology movement
    Yeah, that doesn't sound cultish at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    I sometimes feel the need to preach
    Don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
    I feel the same way. I want to go over to them and say, "Hey, you don't have time to waste on this type of crap."
    Also don't.

[Rant]
    Poorly written, but you've got the right sentiment anyway.

Let people do what they want. Odds are that in five years you're going to look at some of the stuff you're doing now and think "well, that was stupid", and that some of the stuff they were doing actually made sense. If someone asks for your advice, or is putting people in imminent danger, speak up. Otherwise just let them be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't sound cultish at all.

Don't.

Also don't.

Poorly written, but you've got the right sentiment anyway.

Let people do what they want. Odds are that in five years you're going to look at some of the stuff you're doing now and think "well, that was stupid", and that some of the stuff they were doing actually made sense. If someone asks for your advice, or is putting people in imminent danger, speak up. Otherwise just let them be.
    That's all sound sensible stuff. Where's the fun in that ? This isn't a serious thread you know Sean ? I don't think any of us seriously contemplates walking over to the guy doing something odd with a dumbbell-it's just a laugh to mention it here.

Man, I'm happy I lift in my tiny little weight room. It's lonely, but productive.

Like the Oldster, I have my own room to train in, but I always check out the people in the background of form check videos. Some of the antics are real head scratchers.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    Man, I'm happy I lift in my tiny little weight room. It's lonely, but productive.
    Your never alone with a barbell.... I'm sure I read that somewhere :scratches head:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast