starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dangerous activities

Default Dangerous activities

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Wow! Who knew I was engaged in such dangerous activities? The 7 worst senior exercises, and what to do instead — SilverSneakers

Living on the,edge.

Oh my. Pardon me while I call 911 as I surely must have destroyed myself during my morning workout and just haven't realized it yet.

I wonder why Rip was quoted in this stellar piece.

I'm apparently an "impossibly strong young man" at 52, as I can squat with "hundreds of pounds" on my back. Good to know!

Agree with the article that crunches are a problem. My discs are fine with isometric ab work, but they get pissed when I flex my lumbar spine a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Davies View Post
    Agree with the article that crunches are a problem. My discs are fine with isometric ab work, but they get pissed when I flex my lumbar spine a lot.
    Ditto on the upright row. Very bad for the shoulders and often as not, the elbows.

I can't crunch without significant back pain. I do rows as demonstrated by Rip and Nikki in the video because I am older (55) and PowerCleans aren't happening for me, and have zero issues thus far (195x8 wednesday). Both of my shoulders have been reconstructed so I am pretty careful about pain with them. I get no pain from rows. Barbell curls, which I no longer do, on the other hand cause me considerable elbow pain.

Being impossibly strong at 55 just freaking makes my day. :-)

The odds of injury are astronomical!

I have to get a lottery ticket, I have been beating astronomical odds hundreds of times a month!

starting strength coach development program
    "Silver Sneakers"...the name told me how the article would read. Here's more Your Daily Workout: 30-Minute Strength Circuit. The instructor looks fit, for life, but it's very unlikely he got this way doing the exercise he prescribes, even with 5x the amount of weight promoted. It warms my 65 year old heart to know I can probably squat, deadlift, and press more than he can. What a shame information like this reaches so many genuinely motivated seniors and sets the bar for them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast