starting strength gym

Thread: Professors advice in newspaper

Default Professors advice in newspaper

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Got me angry today. Take home message was, young and old cant train the same way beacuse our bodies has different needs.
    I wrote an answer proposing the same old barbell training for young and old. Based on the stress theory, LP and also mentioned the effect on the whole body, ”core”, bones and balance. Also made a point about the gym industri making money and worthless research and cheap PTs.
    Feels great to stick out my neck!
    I wonder if will get any answers[emoji41]

Who'd you write you write to and what got all this started? An article? A trainer? A gym bro?

Its just a comment section after the article at papers web efition

Ah. Give 'em Hell Bergie! I imagine by now, the lack of sunlight waaaay up there has gotten to many and they could use a burst of adrenaline to perk them up.

Thanks mark
    Im usually quite shy and dont want make any to trouble to anyone. But this time I reacted on those lame ass advices that comes from academic professionals and nobody have a opinion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Ah. Give 'em Hell Bergie! I imagine by now, the lack of sunlight waaaay up there has gotten to many and they could use a burst of adrenaline to perk them up.
    I second this notion. The caution I'd add is that "stupid and condescending" travel together quite often. So, don't be surprised by a condescending retort / personal attack. I mean "how could you not be stupid, disagreeing with a self appointed authority figure?".

But, it is better to light a single candle, than curse the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    So, don't be surprised by a condescending retort / personal attack. I mean "how could you not be stupid, disagreeing with a self appointed authority figure?".
    And old and out of touch. Never forget that the young 'uns know everything. Just like we thought we did at that age some 40+ years ago.

starting strength coach development program
    We can't train the same. I'm 46 and see men in their 20s doing shot that would either injure me or keep me from recovering and shit that would also not get me strong, yet they do it more frequently, seem injury resistant and get stronger. To be fair, some of these people at my YMCS openly talk in code about taking "T".