starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shin protection for deadlifting

Lightbulb Shin protection for deadlifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I found some shin guards for deadlifting offered on Amazon. Have not received them yet, but they look like they'd help to cut down on the bruising I've been getting from keeping the bar in contact with my legs during the lift. They're a couple bucks cheaper if you order directly from the manufacturer:
    SHINNOVATE Shin Guards - Shin Protection, Shin Pads
    Thought some other people might find them worthwhile to have. Happy lifting!

Alan Thrall had a video on what you may be doing wrong if your shins bleed every time you deadlift:

YouTube

Oo, thanks for the idea about knee sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-in-PHX View Post
    Oo, thanks for the idea about knee sleeves.
    I use a double pair of sweat pants in my shed gym. Good use for the worn out pairs with holes that our wives would like to see leave the house. " They left honey", but didn't go THAT far

I got a couple pair of knee high compression socks form Amazon. What do you mean I look like a geezer, so what? :-)

Amazon.com : HOFAM Men, Women Graduated Compression Socks for Sports, Running, Circulation Flight Travel Nurses and Recovery, Black : Sports & Outdoors

I use one of those cheap neck pads they sell for squats. Works great, not allowed in competition. I bought the shin guards but found they slid down too easily.

I actually bought the "Strong" ones. It's more so I do not have to think about it at all, than anything else.

I wear shorts to squat and sweatpants to deadlift. It's a pain in the butt to change in the middle of a work out.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by heath123 View Post
    I actually bought the "Strong" ones. It's more so I do not have to think about it at all, than anything else.
    Hm, I've had my eye on a similar product, made with fancy printed fabric, priced at $25 -- but wondered if 5mm might be overly thick.
    Vigor Power Gear 5mm thick Neoprene calf sleeves knee sleeves Shin support like deadlift socks for weight lifting, Fitness-in Elbow & Knee Pads from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast