starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally have and went to doc

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I thought I had a blood clot in my leg. It was pain from my back. sciatic nerve. But I'd have never figured that out on my own

Had a popliteal ("Baker's") cyst in my knee. Didn't know anything was wrong except for some fullness on the backside of my knee now and then. One evening I got this excruciating pain in my calf and my health-insurance advice nurse said to go to emergency immediately as it could be a blood clot. Ultrasound tech said, "I'm not supposed to tell you anythiing, that's for the doctor but it's not a blood clot. It's from your knee."

It turns out that these cysts sometimes rupture and the fluid runs down into the calf causing pain. This is not an uncommon reason for emergency room visits for a suspected DVT.

starting strength coach development program
    Update on issue. Got up Friday morning and calf area was very sore and tender to touch. Daughter, an RN, demanded I head to ER. Glad I did. Diagnosed with superficial thrombophlebitis. Due to one of the clots being close to the junction, groin area, they started me on Xarelto. Not a DVT but still painful to walk on after sitting a bit. Also was told it was more than likely due to me driving for a living, sales rep, like I do and not getting out of the car and walking every hour or so. Guess I learned my lesson.

As far as training goes, well that’s a different matter all together. I’ve read all the threads in the forums where Sully and Ripp have weighed in and the consensus I gathered is don’t get a muscle tear or bump my head in the bar. I guess I’ll play it by ear and start squatting again when the pain subsides to where I can get to proper depth. Bench, overhead press, pull downs, and deadlift should not be an issue as far as pain goes.

Thanks for listening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12