starting strength gym

Thread: knees out and adductor soreness

Talking knees out and adductor soreness

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    is that expected as i finally learn to get the knees out while squatting?? finally got my squat correct i think but wow the adductor soreness is real. will the soreness lessen eventually?? thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesedips View Post
    is that expected as i finally learn to get the knees out while squatting??
    Well, you're using your adductors in a way they haven't been used, under heavy weight, to perform both an eccentric and concentric function. It's the exact recipe for soreness.
    will the soreness lessen eventually?? thank you.
    Yes, novelty of exposure to the stimulus is one of the biggest factors in DOMS. Shouldn't be bad for more than a workout or two.

in my never ending LP, I have experienced soreness in adductors, glutes, hamstring, etc. I have had a couple muscle pulls and those, I rehab with Starr protocol, but I have had other soreness that was just a nagging ache. Usually when I warm up, the pain goes away until after my work out. Sometimes it has made me a little uncomfortable with the idea of going heavy, so I have done a slight deload. That usually seems to give my body time to adjust and the pains usually go away. Also Sleep. I can't say enough about how restorative sleep is. If you can get more sleep, do it.

is that expected as i finally learn to get the knees out while squatting?? finally got my squat correct i think but wow the adductor soreness is real. will the soreness lessen eventually?? thank you.
    Have you been able to find affordable under $100 squat shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    .... Also Sleep. I can't say enough about how restorative sleep is. If you can get more sleep, do it.
    Yes this. Ear plugs and Melatonin. This will get more restoration out of the sleep you do get.

I also find it helps if I focus on "getting my restorative rest" as opposed to "having to go to bed already". (mindset matters)

Do not fear taking a nap either. Trust me, you won't wake up in 100 years. And unless you are severely under rested, you won't wake up at bedtime either.

Bottom line, getting more and better sleep will make you respond more like when you were younger.

How to Increase Testosterone Naturally | The Art of Manliness

Young guys like Brett don't need this near as much as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Velazquez View Post
    $76.50 on Zappos.com, Adidas Powerlift 3.1 -- Note that their heel height is a bit less than typical lifting shoe (0.6" instead of 0.75"). Also they are a bit wider some, which is what I was looking for. Rogue (which is asking $90 for the same shoe) advises to order 1/2 size longer than your regular shoe size, which I did, and that worked out well for me.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Velazquez View Post
    Adidas Powerlift 3.1 retail for $90 at adidas.com. I signed up for their email list, lucked out and got a coupon, so I paid $66.85 including shipping. The heel is low enough that I use them for deadlifts too...