starting strength gym

Thread: Attended Squat Camp

Smile Attended Squat Camp

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I took a SS Squat Camp this past Saturday at Eastside Strength and Conditioning in Bellevue Washington. These camps are not cheap but it was worth it to the last dollar. The two instructors were Andrew Jackson and Anna Marie Oakes-Joudy. The format was really well thought out and everything proceeded on schedule. I not only learned what I was doing wrong and correct for that matter I was able to also learn from what the other students were doing well and where they needed to improve. My big take away was a tighter back by pulling my hands in some and using the TUBOW (Totally useless block of wood). Turns out I was pulling my knees back and throwing things off which in turn would cause my knees to be sore. It was also really good to have both instructors as they would see different things and even though it was a large class we got all the individual attention we needed. Just based on what they showed me I bet I added 5 to 10lbs to my squat just with form adjustments. Now I’m signing up for the deadlift camp in June.

I would love to attend a camp or even a seminar. Everything is just so far away from where I live. It may be possible to combine a session with a SS coach with a trip to see family up north in a few months. Up to this point I have gone by the books and videos, but am sure that an in person form check would be of great benefit.