starting strength gym

Thread: Silver Sneakers

Default Silver Sneakers

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I went to the local gym last week between sessions to do some stretching and extra HIIT. Someone running a silver sneaker program invited me to join them. There were about 20 people in a room many younger than I am who were bouncing a ball around and getting ready to stand by their chairs and raising their legs. I declined and said I was already in a program for strength development.

I will go back again and try to help some to get involved in SS. I need some stories of successful approaches in this area. Has anyone been able to get any of these participants involved in SS?

CDL

Classes are not a good sign -- wrong mindset. Do you know any of them?

No, I don't know any of them and did not get back there this week. It looked like a bunch of pre schoolers standing next to their chairs. I couldn't imagine participating.

Silver Sneakers is typical trainer bullshit except dumbed down even more because, you know, these people are old. I will say that my Medicare supplement insurance that included Silver Sneakers provided me free membership at a hospital based gym that had a section with 2 squat racks and plenty of free weights. (tucked off to the side of the main room filled with cardio and cable machines) It was a pretty good deal until I moved too far away. Now I have a garage gym.