starting strength gym

Thread: 2-Day Texas Method-Fixed Schedule?

Default 2-Day Texas Method-Fixed Schedule?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Has anyone tried the 2-Day Texas Method-Fixed Schedule on page 249 in The Barbell Prescription?

If so please tell me your experiences and results?

Thanks

I have used a 2 day per week Texas Method with great success. I have the Kindle version of the book so the page number you have does not work for me. I have tried 3 workouts per week and 4 day splits. Both of these lead to shoulder pain. It's an old injury from youth. My left shoulder has a lot of scar tissue and inflammation will accumulate if I don't give it enough rest between workouts to recover. 2 days a week works and the 2 day Texas Method has been a good program.

Here is what I am doing.

Monday
    Bench Vol
    Squat Vol
    Dumbbell Row 3X10
    Press Vol
    Barbell Curls 2X10

Thursday
    Bench Intensity 5/3/1 Rotating reps
    Squat Intensity About to start 5/3/1 Rotating reps
    Chins 3X(AMRAP) Alternating weighted/BW
    Deadlift 3X 8/5/2 Rotating reps
    Triceps 2X10

I am going to take a break for a while. I consider this TM a Heavy/Heavy program. What I am going to do for a while is the same exercises but in a Heavy/Medium format. Intensity day will be 3X5 at a slightly reduced weight from volume day. You could also do Heavy/Light if more recovery is needed. Very flexible.

i used the greysteel method for a very short period of time so i cant say if it works or not but i would look into it

You should also consider the Greysteel Texas, presented in the same chapter. It's a 3-day program but it's M:V - F:R - M:I (or comparable layout), and we've had very good luck with it. If you want a fixed 2-day program, a Heavy-Light approach might work well, too.