starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do between sets

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Lately I review video of last set, then do a few questions from a practice test for the amateur radio license, on my phone.

just sit there and surf da interwebs on my phone

Load the bar(s) for the next lift, review the next lift by watching videos and cues. Practice Martial Arts forms.

I do a lot of reading, prepare meals, wash clothes and I take care of my spiders, I like having those little bastards in my basement, keeps the burglers away, have sign, ”Beware of the Spiders” [emoji6] [emoji887]

I listen to podcasts. I especially like the history ones: "Hardcore History," "History on Fire," even "The History of Rome," which is 100s of episodes! "Econtalk" is also good, especially the early ones.

It was probably many moons ago when Rip was asked this and he said "Warm up sets for the next main lift". I've found that to be excellent use of time. Along with messing around on my diy Indo board (indoor surfboard), planning the route of my next bike ride .gpx, or flicking through my stack of Aasgard publications on the windowsill. But I do now set a 5 minute timer to stop me getting too distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    All of them, sometimes I do laundry, talk in IRC channels, and/or review the video from the last lift.
    IRC? I used to live there. Met my wife there. Didn't think anyone used it anymore. Truly something only to be found in the Elderly forums. LOL

And the correct thing to do in between sets (I take 8 minutes) is to post booty pics from the gym mirror on Instagram. Duh!

(Seriously, I just surf the web.)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by sugapablo View Post
    IRC? I used to live there. Met my wife there. Didn't think anyone used it anymore. Truly something only to be found in the Elderly forums. LOL

And the correct thing to do in between sets (I take 8 minutes) is to post booty pics from the gym mirror on Instagram. Duh!

(Seriously, I just surf the web.)
    IRC is very much alive and well, although the "cool kids" have moved off to other platforms. Computer geeks hang out of Freenode these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123