starting strength gym
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Trainees in Australia?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Good question. Ultimately, we'd like to see more reps from you than just a single heavy set because we may change the way you move. I would not do your ID today. Depending upon how warm ups go, we can potentially work with you so that you can hit something heavy, but we are still going to want to see two more sets of five after that. This camp will probably represent a slight disruption to your training, but it will still probably be helpful. Your ID at the camp will probably be more like a medium-heavy volume day.
    Right then. Beer O'clock it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Coolidgee View Post
    Tom or anyone else,

Thoughts on the Adidas Power Perfect 2s and the Innov8 Fast lifts? Both can be had for about 150 bucks online.
    Just saw this. Both are fine. Adidas are more narrowly lasted. If you have a wide foot, you may not like them. The Inv8s are nice, but the upper is light and not as stable as the Nikes or Adidas. The Nikes are probably my favorite strength training shoe at the moment. They are hot and uncomfortable, but, man, they are stable. To answer your question, provided you fit into the them, I would chose the Adidas first.

Any fellow Aussies here have an Iron Edge power bar or ABC power bar?

Rogue no longer sell the B&R in Australia and their Ohio Power Bar seems continually out of stock here.

Any recommendations? I need to upgrade my shitty 32mm bar

My gym has the ABC per bars, and coincidentally I was speaking to the ptc Sydney owner at the SS camp on Saturday about them too. We agreed they are the best bar for the money available here. Ptc tested the ABC bar v the eleiko and they had no measurable difference in deformation under heavy load. I like the black oxide finish

Thanks mate. I was leaning that way as well. I used the ABC bars at the PTC in Brisbane as well. Felt great

The Iron Edge power bar has a sharper knurl than the ABC power bar. Some thing otherwise, both supplied by ABC. I'd go with the Iron Edge.

I'm a Starting Strength Coach located in Adelaide, South Australia. I work out of North Adelaide Football Club where I am the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. I have positions available for anyone interested in coaching. Contact the club at The Official North Adelaide Football Club Website - The Roosters - SANFL Macca's League 2017 Season
    Last edited by Ryan Burnell; 09-30-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Default Adelaide, South Australia

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Squidy View Post
    Name: Squidy
    Approximate time training: 3 months of SS, 2 months of stronglifts before that (at least it got me on the right path), 5 months of clueless shit before that (bodybuilding splits)
    Recommendations: deck out the shed and talk a couple of mates into getting amongst it. Nothing is even close to primo quality; just hunted around for racks and shit like that from closing down gyms or people who have plates and barbells collecting cobwebs. Hands down the best thing i ever did, got away from the hapless bastards in most gyms telling me squatting deep is bad for my knees and now I just concentrate on getting strong with a couple of the lads.....brilliant.
    Hey mate are you still training in the Starting Strength Method in Adelaide South Australia?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425