starting strength gym
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Body Fat Estimation Thread

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    Your page is a good idea (one i've been too lazy to implement) and it is useful in collecting realistic bf% pics from around the web. However, i have some bones to pick as well:

1) You claim to have wanted to look like a bodybuilder and you know your DEXA bf%... and yet you don't seem to have included your own pic.
    2) i suspect you don't have the express written consent of Fox and Major League Baseball to post said pics (though you do link back to the source in most (all?) cases ) which is good).
    3) Your color commentary is both not very informative, and, imho, not too well informed. For example, you don't seem to be aware of (or at least you never mention) that muscle mass is an important determinant in what people look like at different body-fat levels. For example the bb.com guy who goes from 17 -14.5 who you deem "a real headscratcher". The guy isn't ripped (i don't actually know the terminology), it's just that he's got some decent muscle mass (more in the after pic too). And in that 2nd pic (looking at that vein on his right shoulder) he also prob. pumped up some. This is also the issue with your 17% woman. The reason why her legs and obliques look that way is because she lifts, probably quite a lot, and has some muscles in there. (and/or photoshop).

3.5) A second issue in the commentary department but i want to call it out in its own point: you're making fun of these people to some degree. Why? you seem to be interested enough in the subject to put together a page so why have lines like this: "You would never guess that this guy is above 20% bodyfat. That’s probably why he looks so sad." ? The tone is needlessly disrespectful of your subjects who put up pics of themselves in their underwear on the web; especially given points #2 and #1.
    His picture is in the link in the very thing you quoted.

Going with ~ 25% as well. I suck at this shit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    His picture is in the link in the very thing you quoted.
    Hmm... yes it is. I hadn't read that article closely. i wonder why he didn't include it in his lineup. Also, given said picture i'm even more surprised by the lack of muscle mass discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by mattciupak View Post
    just because all the cool kids are doing it and i'm kinda curious as to what others think: http://imgur.com/a/E7XAq

i'm 5'10 and weigh about 200 if that makes a difference

To be Summer Ready you will have to loose 15 pounds, for Winter who cares you arent a fat person.
    Last edited by hunter308; 10-29-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snyderman3000 View Post
    I'd say 25-27%.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC416 View Post
    Going with ~ 25% as well. I suck at this shit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    To be Summer Ready you will have to loose 15 pounds, for Winter who cares you arent a fat person.
    thanks guys

starting strength coach development program
    Could you guys estimate my body fat for me (I know this is an old thread but I don't know how to use calipers and it seems getting it measured is expensive)?

Album

I have a little belly pouch from bulking (which would go down considerably if I didn't eat for sometime and then took a picture) and Anterior Pelvic tilt but I put a couple of pictures with me squeezing my belly

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021