starting strength gym
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Fat Estimation Thread

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Subsistence View Post
    Probably in the vicinity of 25% as well.
    Really? It looks to me like snyderman3000 has got to be lower than Dastardly.

I'm gonna say 27. Curious to see how close I am.

I'd guess someone just over 25% for Dastardly. I'll say 26.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan the Barbarian View Post
    To my untrained eye they looked to be in a similar region. Once you get sufficiently fat though, it can be harder to tell. No offense to either person intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan the Barbarian View Post
    While snyderman is obviously leaner/more muscular in the upper body, dont forget that the largest muscles in the body are in the legs. And I certainly have a squat-ass. More muscle in the hips/legs would improve my lean mass percentage to the extent that for full body, I am about the same as snyderman.

With this in mind, I think we are pretty close, but we have very different bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    While snyderman is obviously leaner/more muscular in the upper body, dont forget that the largest muscles in the body are in the legs. And I certainly have a squat-ass. More muscle in the hips/legs would improve my lean mass percentage to the extent that for full body, I am about the same as snyderman.

With this in mind, I think we are pretty close, but we have very different bodies.
    Word. This game is hard.

Ill put you out of your misery guys and just tell you, that you are all pretty much bang on. But Hamburgerfan wins it.

I am 24.5% bodyfat

Id guess that snyderman is probably 21%.
    Last edited by Dastardly; 11-10-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    you are all pretty much bang on.
    Suck it, Lyle.

...just kidding. I actually don’t have a dog in whatever weird fight there is between LmcD and this forum, since talk of bodyfat levels, rippedness, or whatever makes me fall
    ZZzzzz....

OK, in all seriousness, it’s nice to have some evidence that, despite the fat panicked trolls, enough people on here aren’t deluded or brainwashed about bodyfat either way and are able to make reasonable assessments/judgments about the matter.
    Last edited by Gunnhild Bruno; 11-10-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: clarification

Well now that we know that I'm the best at guessing BF%, I'd just like to estimate myself at 9%.

Up yours, fatties!
    Last edited by hamburgerfan; 11-10-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Up yours, fatties!

starting strength coach development program
    Well, as part of the research I took part in. I get a retest in march next year. It is a fat loss study. But I do not plan to diet.

I may start doing some conditioning work, try time my carbs better and see what happens.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast