starting strength gym

Thread: Reebok Oly Shoe

Default Reebok Oly Shoe

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I got into powerlifting because I started with Cross Fit. The one thing it taught me was that all those years of running had turned me into one weak individual. I got back in the gym, discovered Starting Strength and never looked back.

During that time I got a pair of the Reebok Oly shoes for Cross Fitters. I wear them when I train now but I no longer do any sort of CF stuff.

Do you think these shoes are fine or should I invest in a pair of shoes that is just lifting specific? If I wear these to a Power Lifting Comp will folks drop barbells as they laugh at me? I don't know....

I've never worn or seen the Reebok's in person, but as long as the heel isn't compressable (like the powerlifts), then you should be fine. You've already spent the money, if it were me, I'd just roll with them.

At the first meet I went to, a couple crossfitters showed up wearing nike crosstrainers. Nobody laughed at them. At least you have actual shoes designed for lifting. Even if they still let you get your boxjump on.

I can't remember- those aren't the ones where you bake the insole to get it to mold to your foot, right? If not, you could always sell them and jump on the addidas/nike bandwagon.

I went to a SS cert and plenty of people were wearing the Reebok shoes so I think you're safe.

Dana - A girl that used to weightlift with us apparently baked her Adipowers. Apparently they come with instructions to do so, which I completely missed.

I think you're right about the Reeboks though: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=74887

They are the shoes that go in the oven. I will stay with them since I already spent the 150. Thanks for the help/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Rogers View Post
    I went to a SS cert and plenty of people were wearing the Reebok shoes so I think you're safe.

Dana - A girl that used to weightlift with us apparently baked her Adipowers. Apparently they come with instructions to do so, which I completely missed.

I think you're right about the Reeboks though: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=74887
    Really? I must have also completely missed those when I unboxed my Adipowers. Even without baking, they are awesome shoes.

Reebok shoes are just loved by me. I really find them very comfy to wear for workout. Couple of days back they were on good discount price. Purchased them along with Carbon38 workout leggings and t-shirts. Finding them really flexible.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Megown_42 View Post
    Reebok shoes are just loved by me. I really find them very comfy to wear for workout. Couple of days back they were on good discount price. Purchased them along with Carbon38 workout leggings and t-shirts. Finding them really flexible.
    oh yeah, those tights are quite comfy, I love them