starting strength gym
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Belts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mweitz View Post
    I asked Santa for a rich Aunt for you for Christmas...
    Do i hug you right now, or do i wait till Santa's dumped her at me doorstep?

P.s: is there anything you want out of her? I promise not to be like that stingy pig Skillin.

Just got the Athlete. Wow. After lifting for 20 months with a velcro belt, I was amazed.

I PRed my squat with relative ease on my first workout. The DL was a little awkward and will take some getting used to. Love.

Does anyone have a gray best belt? I would really appreciate if someone could post a picture (preferably a high quality one) of their gray belt. I have the light gray and I want to compare how much of a difference there is between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsteR BoxeR View Post
    Does anyone have a gray best belt? I would really appreciate if someone could post a picture (preferably a high quality one) of their gray belt. I have the light gray and I want to compare how much of a difference there is between the two.
    I'm wearing a gray best belt in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRX_6TYXlTw

I think the video does a better job of showing the colour than an isolated photo. It's not a very dark grey.

That looks awfully similar to my light gray belt. The reason why I'm asking this, is because I ordered a gray belt a while ago and they sent me a light gray one instead. Obviously I thought I got the gray belt since there was nothing for me to compare it to. Until I e-mailed Best Belts asking if they could send me a small strip of light gray suede and when I got it in the mail, it looked exactly the same as my "gray" belt and that's when I found out my belt was actually a light gray.

As far as the best belts go do you think the 2.5 or 3" would be best for squats AND conventional deadlifts for someone who is 4'11?

Not sure if the 2.5 would offer enough support on squats?

Quote Originally Posted by jnow View Post
    As far as the best belts go do you think the 2.5 or 3" would be best for squats AND conventional deadlifts for someone who is 4'11?

Depends on your torso. I don't know anyone who needs a 2.5" for squatting, and very few for deadlifting.

3" should be fine. I think 2.5" would be way too small to be even supportive. Personally I recommend 3" prime cut. I have a 3" 10mm and while it feels great, it's kind of flimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsteR BoxeR View Post
    3" should be fine. I think 2.5" would be way too small to be even supportive. Personally I recommend 3" prime cut. I have a 3" 10mm and while it feels great, it's kind of flimsy.
    I agree. The four inch 10mm belt is a veritable mammoth. The 3 incher- not so much. Good, but doesn't have that visceral appeal that its bigger brother does.

starting strength coach development program

My gf is 5' and has ordered the 2.5" belt. She hasn't received it yet, but when measuring the distance between her hip bones and ribs she came out a little under 3" and didn't want to risk pinching/bruising. So I can't answer if it works right now, but we ordered our belts 5 weeks ago so I should be able to have an answer in a month or two.

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast