starting strength gym
Page 2 of 517 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Buying my own equipment is one of the best investments I have ever made. I cant put a price on the great times lifting with my sons and the convenience of training whenever I want to. It laid the groundwork for my youngest son becoming a personal trainer making $30.00+ an hour.
    Plus they will inherit everything when I cash it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Buying my own equipment is one of the best investments I have ever made. I cant put a price on the great times lifting with my sons and the connivence of training whenever I want to. It laid the groundwork for my youngest son becoming a personal trainer making $30.00+ an hour.
    Plus they will inherit everything when I cash it in.
    This. Buying myself a barbell, plates, bench and rack cost me the equivalent of about 2-3 years gym fees but I've got all the lifting equipment I need for life.

No sons here, but I can't put a price on not having to train in the tiny 'free weights' corner of a commercial fitness centre surrounded by bros.

Here's my home gym. Forgive the vague blurryness of the photo, took it right after my deadlifts.

Last edited by Luke Evans; 10-18-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Home gym picture added

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Klemetson View Post
    This is that new Titan rack, right?
    Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Evans View Post
    This. Buying myself a barbell, plates, bench and rack cost me the equivalent of about 2-3 years gym fees but I've got all the lifting equipment I need for life.

No sons here, but I can't put a price on not having to train in the tiny 'free weights' corner of a commercial fitness centre surrounded by bros.

Here's my home gym. Forgive the vague blurryness of the photo, took it right after my deadlifts.
    Ok, so (looking at photo) I'm not the only person who lives like this. That's good to know. Then again, you probably aren't in your 30s?

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    Not a "garage", but a "closet" gym. It's a tight fit squeeze, but it works.
    Also, I've replaced that bench with the new Rogue 2.0 flat bench.
    Didn't like the GetRx'd? bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Ok, so (looking at photo) I'm not the only person who lives like this. That's good to know. Then again, you probably aren't in your 30s?
    Nope, I'm 26.

Mirin' plates, Matt.

Mirin' plates, Matt.
    thanks, I was gonna get the noncolored-trainers but, it was like almost 2 months and they still weren't in(neither were the colored, which are more than these for some reason), and my friend(who I split the cost with, when we part ways whoever takes the set has to pay the other back) and I were getting so ticked off, so we just bought these.

what the fuck is up with the float dog head, unless my depth perception is off and there is a lot more room behind that radiator

starting strength coach development program
    Had a good crew in the House of GainzZz the other day: