starting strength gym
Page 469 of 517 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flush View Post
    What is the best deal on a pair of 10 or 15 lb bumper plates? I just want something good enough for learning and warming up power cleans for my son. We don't need top quality for dropping. With a $10 coupon I have, I can get 2 10 lb Rage Fitness bumpers from Dicks for $30 shipped. Is there anything wrong with these plates at that price?
    I have a pair of the Rage 10lb bumpers. They don't taco over when dropped on a bailed power clean back when I was screwing them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorefoodnow View Post
    Nice work.
    Which pulleys did you get? Do you have a link? Also, i'm guessing that's just coated wire cable? You should make a post in the DIY Equipment thread
    Just some ebay ones, they seem to work much better than the ones you can get at hardware stores.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/2524...&ul_noapp=true

walls, ceiling, electrical, and lights next

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post

walls, ceiling, electrical, and lights next

Man I wish. If my family still has our house in a few years, once I graduate, and I buy it. I'll be doing this. My garage has an entire wall that is bare, no insulation. Just studs, the fucker gets brutal in the winter.

Has anybody not purchased steel calibrated plates, Rogue or otherwise, for reasons that was not that they were too expensive? e.g. noise factor, ease of use or handling, storage?

The gym I lift at has Ivanko calibrated plates. I've used them before, but don't use them regularly because they're annoying to hold (due to how thin they mostly) and put on the bar. When I eventually have a garage gym I'll just buy standard plates and weigh them individually so I know their exact weight.

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Has anybody not purchased steel calibrated plates, Rogue or otherwise, for reasons that was not that they were too expensive? e.g. noise factor, ease of use or handling, storage?
    I passed on them recently, b/c I just don't need to fit 10 plates on a bar and I'm sure they're a pain to handle. They look great and are fairly priced, but instead I went with York Legacy plates that are supposedly plenty accurate (within 2% of stated weight). I'll get them this week so we'll see if it was a good choice. They were much cheaper too, so I could get more 45s.

These guys joined my small collection of implements yesterday. Pretty happy to find a cheap log on CL since this stuff rarely pops up at all, let alone at a good price.

I have the Rogue calibrated steel plates, and while you can't just haphazardly grab a 45 one-handed and toss it on the bar like you could a plate with a big lip, I don't find them that much of a hassle. To me, bumpers are just as much if not more of a pain.

Visually, they took a while to get used to. 315 on the bar looks more like 135 used to.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    These guys joined my small collection of implements yesterday. Pretty happy to find a cheap log on CL since this stuff rarely pops up at all, let alone at a good price.
    Nice. Just got my farmer handles. How much did the log cost? I've never seen one on CL.