starting strength gym
Page 453 of 517 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Update on my two titan weight trees:
    The powder coat has started to flake and the larger diameter of the limbs makes it hard to slide weights on/off, especially competition plates that have a tight fit. Iron plates are not nearly as problematic. As with any tight fit, lubricant helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    As with any tight fit, lubricant helps.
    Words to live by.

I have around USD 500 Amazon points sitting idle. What to buy next for the home gym. I'm looking at replacing the bench with an adjustable Titan but they're out of stock, and maybe another one of those 300 pound sets just to get more plate pairs for farmer's walks.

Current gym

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by I_iz_a_fatass; 08-29-2017 at 06:58 AM.

More from Titan:

Titan X6 Racks

Hoping to see a Labor Day sale from them...

Default my new R3 shorty rack

On a side note....Is the yellow insulation between the rafters going to kill me? Should I remove some of it? I can see myself hitting it with plates at times...Maybe I just remove a few sections of it around my presses.

2.jpg3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    On a side note....Is the yellow insulation between the rafters going to kill me? Should I remove some of it? I can see myself hitting it with plates at times...Maybe I just remove a few sections of it around my presses.

2.jpg3.jpg
    Probably won't kill you, but if you are pressing 135 or more and don't have extra 25s or 35s could potentially be a problem. If the studs are 16" OC spacing then the plates should go right between if the rack is centered on a gap (3 open sections between uprights. or you can stand off-center if that doesn't bother you. I just finished doing the same, except with blown cellulose insulation. That was a helluva job, and I didn't think to check for things like AC ductwork between the joists so I had a few extra done cuz I had to shift over to miss the bits the stuck up in between. I'll get a picture up this week.

Fiberglass dust is not good for your lungs. You wouldn't want to shower yourself with it while breathing deeply, every week for years.

If your presses are bumping into the insulation, maybe cover it with sheet plastic in that spot, or take it down.
    The only purpose it serves in the floor between two heated spaces, is noise reduction.

Oh thought that was some sort of foam. Yeah fiberglass is awful, definitely cover it up, or remove as little as you can get away with and wear proper mask and long sleeves.

Here's an example of what I did

Got these squat stands. With the shorter spotter arms, any advice on how my wife can bail on squats? At the bottom of the squat should she try to cheat forward and get the stands to catch them or bail them behind her?

Squat stands.jpg
    Last edited by simplesimon; 08-29-2017 at 07:03 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Got these squat stands. With the shorter spotter arms, any advice on how my wife can bail on squats? At the bottom of the squat should she try to cheat forward and get the stands to catch them or bail them behind her?

Squat stands.jpg
    On those? What she should do is get a spot.