starting strength gym
Page 494 of 517 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494495496504 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It was brought to our attention that a user had an X-3 J-Hook break during use in a privately-owned facility. Titan was contacted by the facility owner and immediately issued a full refund for the product in question. Additionally, we have asked for the product to be returned for testing. At Titan, our mission is to provide our customers the lowest prices with constant focus on improving product quality. We take these matters seriously and taking care of our customers is our top priority. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service Department via email at info@titan.fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanFitness View Post
    It was brought to our attention that a user had an X-3 J-Hook break during use in a privately-owned facility. Titan was contacted by the facility owner and immediately issued a full refund for the product in question. Additionally, we have asked for the product to be returned for testing. At Titan, our mission is to provide our customers the lowest prices with constant focus on improving product quality. We take these matters seriously and taking care of our customers is our top priority. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service Department via email at info@titan.fitness.
    Isn't it a bit late to do the testing? Should have it done when buying material/piece parts. How long will the testing take and where can people find the results? Will there be associated recalls? Or will you wait until more accidents happen?

I wonder what would be your actions have this accident end up lethally, or with serious injury? Not really something you can issue "a full refund for".

My guess is they would want to check for the quality/defect in the metal that was used, and whether it was indeed a flaw in the metal, or a flaw in the manufacturing process (work hardened fatigue from forming the hook). Seems like a legitimate and appropriate response to me.

Shrug...I own a Rogue R-3, largely because of their reputation for quality. I'd assume Rogue would do the same thing if this occurred.

Shit happens (and I'd bet more often, as you try to meet a certain price point) . It's how a company responds, that really matters. Sounds like Titan is trying to address it...

Yeah, if I were the manufacturer, I'd want to study this failure.

It shouldn't happen period, and they will want to know what went wrong and what to change. Maybe do some inventory testing and think about a recall if they fear this could happen to someone else.

Also, it's the internet, maybe the hooks were abused somehow, and that it isn't 100% Titan's fault. Seems unlikely though.

I sent an email voicing my concerns. Mainly being the concern of having 300+ lbs come crashing on my face as I set up for a bench press. I do have that one little concern...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Davies View Post
    Yeah, if I were the manufacturer, I'd want to study this failure.

It shouldn't happen period, and they will want to know what went wrong and what to change. Maybe do some inventory testing and think about a recall if they fear this could happen to someone else.

Also, it's the internet, maybe the hooks were abused somehow, and that it isn't 100% Titan's fault. Seems unlikely though.
    I also agree it just should never, ever happen. And IF they were abused somehow, they should've bent, not sheared off like that. Scary stuff man.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowpond View Post
    I sent an email voicing my concerns. Mainly being the concern of having 300+ lbs come crashing on my face as I set up for a bench press. I do have that one little concern...
    True, I'd be concerned as well, but isn't that also what the safety bars are for as well? Not to mention locking out before putting the bar back in the hooks? Just talking out loud here...

Quote Originally Posted by MarinePMI View Post
    True, I'd be concerned as well, but isn't that also what the safety bars are for as well? Not to mention locking out before putting the bar back in the hooks? Just talking out loud here...
    Safety bars would keep it off of my throat, but not my face. My nose is freaking HUGE...lol

I have actually taken to keeping the bar in the "bends" of the J hooks as opposed to on the edges since seeing those pics. I do have concerns...

Gven titans are clones of rogue designs, could you not simply purchase a pair of rogue j hooks for peace of mind?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowpond View Post
    Safety bars would keep it off of my throat, but not my face. My nose is freaking HUGE...lol

I have actually taken to keeping the bar in the "bends" of the J hooks as opposed to on the edges since seeing those pics. I do have concerns...
    LOL! Nose aside, the safety pins should allow you to turn your head sideways to avoid the bar smashing into your face. I know it sounds weird, but there is more than enough time to turn your head sideways if the bar comes down (for what ever reason). I know, since it has happened to me twice (that's what I get for letting my mind wander instead of focusing on gripping the bar tightly, and not letting it roll my wrists). Scared the living shit out of me, but also reinforced the need to pay attention, set the cross bars correctly every time I bench, as well as gain confidence that the rack will indeed save my ass from being stupid (to a degree).

As to how you rack the bar now; I believe if your arms are locked out and J-hooks adjusted properly, you should be bringing the bar all the way back to the rack frame, and then down into the J-hook (at the rear of the hook). At least, that is how I have always interpreted the "proper" racking of the bar in the press from the SS videos. Maybe I was just a blind pig finding a nut(?).