Page 501 of 517 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griffith View Post
    Nice setup!

Do you just leave the spotter arms in place? Looks like you'd have to unload the plates stored on the rack to adjust them. Any particular reason you have plates stored on the rack?
    You can actually switch the spotter arms to the opposite uprights and then they swing in and away from the plates if you want to change them. It only took me about a year and a half to realize this on my own set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Well, you can get that adapter, or you can make a little block of wood for two bucks.
    Or, can you not just insert the lower pin? I don’t see why the “adaptor” is needed if there’s an upper and lower pin to secure it?

Of course other than allowing rogue to charge 47.50 for a block of plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griffith View Post
    Nice setup!

Do you just leave the spotter arms in place? Looks like you'd have to unload the plates stored on the rack to adjust them. Any particular reason you have plates stored on the rack?
    Thanks! And yeah, like Jeff says, the arms swing in so I can move them without unloading the plates. But I've been asking myself the same question about storing plates on the rack. It is only slightly more convenient than carrying them from the tree on the other side. For the time being they aren't in the way so I'll continue to store some plates there.

Quote Originally Posted by entering40strongerthan20 View Post
    The price difference between an R3 and an RML3 is $60.50. I plan to get the adjustable monolifts, which need a $47.50 adapter to fit on an R3. Anyone see any reason to not go for the RML3
    I questioned this myself on R-6 vs a RML-690. For that, it was only another 100 bucks. For something I'll never have to replace in my lifetime? I think it was worth it.

I created a google doc back then for comparison purposes. Back then I was not only comparing across the R/RML/RM lines, but also looking at adding the 6 series storage onto the smaller 3 and 4 series racks. I also swapped standard J-cups for sandwich J-cups and pin/pipe for strap safeties - so the prices reflect the swap, not buying both options.
    Rogue Racks

I'm a spreadsheet geek as well...so this will give me something interesting and fun to chew on while I listen to some conference calls at work this AM I was thinking of the same thing....let me factor in the TCO (total cost of ownership) assuming adding plate storage vs external plate storage as well.

Thanks for sharing!

To make it even more complicated, I didn't have the room for the full RML-690. So what I ended up with was a RML-690, shortened to the 30in working depth of the smaller racks (vs. the original 40in).

I also store the bench inside the plate storage area, so it works out pretty efficiently for me, and clears up the floor to walk around.

Rogue was helpful and responsive in the custom build process, so don't hesitate to swap parts / features.

I've just bought a house and I'm looking to put a gym in the basement. (squat rack, bench, area for deadlifts)

I've got tile floor that I'd prefer to not break (and my wife would really prefer me to not break). I've searched through this post and folks seem to recommend plywood as the first layer and then rubber stall (3/4 inch thickness) matting on top.

1. Does this make sense to you guys? Is there a plywood thickness/type recommended? Does the squat rack area need plywood underneath or just the deadlift area.

2. Is it as simple as laying down the plywood and screwing the rubber into the plywood or are they additional steps? (DIY noob)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by senormario View Post
    I've just bought a house and I'm looking to put a gym in the basement. (squat rack, bench, area for deadlifts)

I've got tile floor that I'd prefer to not break (and my wife would really prefer me to not break). I've searched through this post and folks seem to recommend plywood as the first layer and then rubber stall (3/4 inch thickness) matting on top.

1. Does this make sense to you guys? Is there a plywood thickness/type recommended? Does the squat rack area need plywood underneath or just the deadlift area.

2. Is it as simple as laying down the plywood and screwing the rubber into the plywood or are they additional steps? (DIY noob)

Thanks!
    After further research, does it make sense to do a deadlift platform with another layer of rubber underneath?

A couple layers of 3/4 plywood will distribute the load over a broader surface area and then a layer of rubber over that absorbs the shock and spreads the load even more. I’d protect any area where plates etc might get dropped intentionally and unintentionally. Happy wife, happy life.

starting strength coach development program
    And it doesn't have to be pretty either.

Exhibit A:
    Workout Area - Google Photos

But my true candidate for the "all ugly team" would be my dead lift jack.

But I just look at my reconditioned Hamptons and smile.