starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In case anyone will find this review useful... Anta Shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Woah. You serious? I can't even imagine that the WL community would have asked for a rather significant (for what the height is) drop from 1" to .75". For crying out loud, most Chinese lifters are vitruvian models for WL proportions, and its not uncommon to see them with an added heel to whatever is standard for a given shoe because the fact is more heel height is needed to hit the best positions. Meanwhile, any shoe that is marketed with as little a boost as to .8" or .85" becomes a hot topic because of how rare it is to find a shoe bigger than .75", especially amongst the big name brands.

To be honest, I do have another pair of shoes coming my way from Risto, but that one was a gift... and because I asked for a different color than the particular shoe normally comes in, has been a VERY long wait. Which is why I decided to get another shoe to replace the previous one, and figured the Anta being about the same price as the Romaleo meant I might as well go that way. But a big part of their brand has been the added effective heel height, so I can't imagine anything about .75" is, or has been, exactly common amongst the competition calibre shoes.
    I don't know really, but it only seems to be with the Adipowers and Romaleos that I have seen weightlifters raise the heel further. I didn't hear anyone talk about this back when it was the Ironwork 3s and 2008 Adipowers that were on the market. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I don't know really, but it only seems to be with the Adipowers and Romaleos that I have seen weightlifters raise the heel further. I didn't hear anyone talk about this back when it was the Ironwork 3s and 2008 Adipowers that were on the market. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.
    I wonder if it dawned on them before then. I feel like even just the past 5-6 years has done a number on people's understanding of positions in the lifts and the importance anthropometry plays on that. I feel like back when I first was in a weight room in college a few years back, there was much less realization that bar over midfoot meant that some people can't just be vertical even in a front squat position without some external assistance.

says here Ironwork III's have only 3/4"
    Adidas Ironwork III (3) Weightlifting Shoes Review | WLShoes.com

Never seen a shoe claim more than 3/4".

Hard to measure true effective height of shoe (sole at toes/ball) thickness hard to measure without drilling hole in shoe somewhere.

But I'm new to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    . . . .f 0.75" effective heel height shoes are too low, hence why the new Adidas Leistung shoe (replacement for the Adipowers) has a higher heel.
    . . . source for effective Leistung heel height?

Currently we only have the impressions of the few people who have tried them. One is a fellow who can be looked up under the youtube channel Cooptrains, or through the site garage gym reviews. He does seem to have tested a wide variety of shoes, including the Position USA, which are designed and marketed with a 0.85" effective heel height. He felt you could distinctly tell it was the same heel lift as that instead of the usual lift.

Still, no clue if Adidas has confirmed that anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    . . . source for effective Leistung heel height?
    I think we have had this discussion before.

Very Nice Review... Detailed, My wife was looking at these.

I got a pair of the new black w/ red trim Antas.

They seem to be an excellent shoe; comparable to the Romaleos IIs . . . I don't notice any difference is heel height.

I mostly did it to support HookGrip, I really didn't need the shoes . . .the Rom2's are becoming extinct.

I do not care for the Rom3s.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    I got a pair of the new black w/ red trim Antas.

They seem to be an excellent shoe; comparable to the Romaleos IIs . . . I don't notice any difference is heel height.

I mostly did it to support HookGrip, I really didn't need the shoes . . .the Rom2's are becoming extinct.

I do not care for the Rom3s.
    TBF, someone on reddit did this weird measurement between two points on this shoe and an adipower, which should allow for getting heel height without sawing a shoe by checking any difference: sure enough, they found this height between the two points was different by .25" between the two shoes. Although he admitted it was still very rudimentary and likely flawed... I am almost tempted to buy one and tell Hookgrip to take the saw to it already.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    TBF, someone on reddit did this weird measurement between two points on this shoe and an adipower, which should allow for getting heel height without sawing a shoe by checking any difference: sure enough, they found this height between the two points was different by .25" between the two shoes. Although he admitted it was still very rudimentary and likely flawed... I am almost tempted to buy one and tell Hookgrip to take the saw to it already.
    I sorta laugh at Hookgrip "you'd have to saw it thing"...you couldn't up a jig with a level or whatever and pull the tounge outta the way and measure straight down over the front part of the ball of your foot....and then measure over the heel. Close enough.

Yeah, you can't get to your toes, but weight is bore between your balls and heels really....your little piggies don't matter much imo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12