starting strength gym
Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Training Motivation Thread

Default The Training Motivation Thread

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    To start things off... the greatest lift of all time. (so far)

Last edited by Meshuggah; 04-16-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Default My Favorite Deadlifter

Good god I will never not watch Benni's pull in awe. PL rules, a smooth, perfectly locked pull that he stands and casually checks the judges to prove that he. has. it. And then. Does he just drop it? Oh no. He literally performs an eccentric like it was time for another rep.

And then of course, Konstantin is just a manbeast in general. He has such fame as a deadlifter that people forget that the dude has benched almost 600... close grip. Clean as a whistle. If anything, the only lift that seems comparatively out of sync is his squat, but I don't think I could reasonably call a 730 something squat anything other than strong.

My contribution: The famous Hepburn and his 370 Clean and Press. But some of you might not have seen this... instead seeing a more popular vid. That is actually slowed down. Yes, he did, in fact, press the bar this non-chalantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Good god I will never not watch Benni's pull in awe. PL rules, a smooth, perfectly locked pull that he stands and casually checks the judges to prove that he. has. it. And then. Does he just drop it? Oh no. He literally performs an eccentric like it was time for another rep.

And then of course, Konstantin is just a manbeast in general. He has such fame as a deadlifter that people forget that the dude has benched almost 600... close grip. Clean as a whistle. If anything, the only lift that seems comparatively out of sync is his squat, but I don't think I could reasonably call a 730 something squat anything other than strong.

My contribution: The famous Hepburn and his 370 Clean and Press. But some of you might not have seen this... instead seeing a more popular vid. That is actually slowed down. Yes, he did, in fact, press the bar this non-chalantly.

Thanks for sharing, Doug was an absolute beast. I have all of his original training courses.

No kidding he was, and as far as I am concerned the greatest Olympic presser of all time. Love Serge Reding's pressing skills to death, but if you hunt down other footage besides the famous 502, you can see he was very much a "Polish Presser", where the double bend was as much about avoiding pressing as it was about optimal pressing. Although his back bend was nowhere near as bad as some. Benefits of being unusually long legged for a Weightlifter, I suppose. And, you know... stupidly strong.

Speaking of which!

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post

And then this happened moments later:

Will the like of this (the contest between Reding and Alexeev) ever be seen again?!

Here, I feel Alexeev deserves some love for his very final Press, the one that now forever will remain in the record books. It ironically seems slightly less blatantly sloppy than the above one.

These are great videos. Benni's 1015 is one of the greatest lifts - it really makes a mockery of all the folks who like to drop deadlifts . If Benni can lower 1015 like a gentleman, we can lower something in the 300s-400s as well.

This is a great video. 462x20. And then he proceeds to do the rest of his training session.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    These are great videos. Benni's 1015 is one of the greatest lifts - it really makes a mockery of all the folks who like to drop deadlifts . If Benni can lower 1015 like a gentleman, we can lower something in the 300s-400s as well.

This is a great video. 462x20. And then he proceeds to do the rest of his training session.
    That is a great video. Thanks for sharing. I'm sitting here in awe.

20 rep squats, and then singles up to 600...

Default Dan Green... No Fooling Around

starting strength coach development program

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast