starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to Buy (/borrow/rent) Safety Squat Bar

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster103 View Post
    I've been looking for a while.
    Given your looking for a while, have you considered hip belt squats?

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I have an older Elite FTS SSB (Yoke Bar) which I prefer over the newer model. The padding is just too big on the newer model. (IMO)
    The SSB is a great training tool, good luck with your search.
    Thanks. I just pulled the trigger on getting one from Ralph Crepinsek. He makes the same bar used by Dr. Hatfield. I'm excited to get the damn thing here so I can finally have a decent SSB. I just sold my old one, which was not built as SSB's were intended.

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster103 View Post
    Thanks. I just pulled the trigger on getting one from Ralph Crepinsek. He makes the same bar used by Dr. Hatfield. I'm excited to get the damn thing here so I can finally have a decent SSB. I just sold my old one, which was not built as SSB's were intended.
    Congrats, I think you will really like it. I'm convinced the SSB is also a great deadlift builder. Good luck with your training.
    *I just looked up your bar, it's the one Westside Barbell uses. https://www.westside-barbell.com/pro...fety-squat-bar
    Last edited by Meshuggah; 05-02-2017 at 10:47 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Congrats, I think you will really like it. I'm convinced the SSB is also a great deadlift builder. Good luck with your training.
    *I just looked up your bar, it's the one Westside Barbell uses. https://www.westside-barbell.com/pro...fety-squat-bar
    Exactly. I saw Louie's reference to crepinsek and I did a bit of research. It is built like a tank and should really help me push through the 500 barrier. I don't know of any other online sites that sell the bar besides Westside and Crepinsek's site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12