Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DIY Equipment

I think I started one of those previous DIY threads. Here's my barbell rack for those of you who have less wall space:

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Simczyk View Post
    I think I started one of those previous DIY threads. Here's my barbell rack for those of you who have less wall space:

Instagram
    that's a cool rack.

But as an aside (has really nothing to do with the rack) my gym stores bars this way,
    hanging from the sleeve collar vertically . . .but near the platforms.

Funniest thing, they have the Cheap 32mm bar with the huge Hex/allen bolt in the end.

So basically, every time a bar-bell was dropped, the Allen bolt would turn just a little bit.
    The threads being pulled "down hill" by the weight of the bar. . . coupled with the vibrations.
    I was using the adjacent platform, and then the bar came crashing down, like a ghost did it.
    Big glass window right there . . .up on the 2nd story too. They're lucky nothing serious happens.

The sleeve was still hanging there, balancing ontop of the hook/rack.
    It took a while for everybody to figure what happened.

No one uses those bars, because they're crap, so must've been hanging there for quite a while.
    Most likely, the bar was put up there with the bolt loose I'm sure . . . but it backed ALL the way out.

As I said above, I'm not poo-poo-ing on your rack . . .
    that scenario can only happen with those shitty bars + commercial gym (high volume of dropped deads and cleans, etc)

Was just funny.

Ha! Yeah, the first bar is a B&R and the rest are crap and just there because I don't want to throw them out or sell them used to some unsuspecting sucker.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345