starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New adjustable bench under $200

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm thinking about getting one of these too. The 18" height on the FID is a drawback. I'd like the foot holders though, for LTEs.

Rep AB-3100 Adjustable Bench

Rep Fitness Adjustable Bench - FID Bench

The price difference 180 vs 250 is negligible. The shipping is only $46.55 for me. I'll probably just get the 3100 since it is 17".

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one of these too. The 18" height on the FID is a drawback. I'd like the foot holders though, for LTEs.

Rep AB-3100 Adjustable Bench

Rep Fitness Adjustable Bench - FID Bench

The price difference 180 vs 250 is negligible. The shipping is only $46.55 for me. I'll probably just get the 3100 since it is 17".
    You don't want a FID bench, it's extremely uncomfortable. I was just using one the other day to warm up and kept getting cramps in my hips trying to put my legs around that seat. The height is also a valid concern, although plenty of people use the Ironmaster Super Bench (that's what I own for F/D ) @ 20" high and make do.

If you're going to have just one bench, then get the 3100 (or better yet the Elite FTS or Rogue utility benches). If you're going to have two, then buy a utility bench and then do whatever you want between the two options above.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    You don't want a FID bench, it's extremely uncomfortable. I was just using one the other day to warm up and kept getting cramps in my hips trying to put my legs around that seat. The height is also a valid concern, although plenty of people use the Ironmaster Super Bench (that's what I own for F/D ) @ 20" high and make do.

If you're going to have just one bench, then get the 3100 (or better yet the Elite FTS or Rogue utility benches). If you're going to have two, then buy a utility bench and then do whatever you want between the two options above.
    Thanks. I have a super bench and a rogue utility. I need one for my garage.

Anybody use the adjustable bench that Cody posted yet?

I have. It's firm, and solid but a little too wide. I am using this as my bench for flat benching too and this is where this applies. I like it a lot for inclines.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    FID is fine (awesome) if you have a dedicated flat bench.

Not sure how short the other guy is, but my 5'3" wife has used it at the gym, all the way up to 6'5" guys.

It sees a lot of use at the gym. No signs of wear in about 5 months.
    Interesting. I'm only going to have one bench in the garage. So maybe the FID isn't for me. I don't need decline, not that shallow at least.

For all its problems the super bench is useful for doing decline situps and leg raises. The dip attachment isn't bad either (thought if I were going to do dips again, I'd probably get a matador). The main issue with the thing is the height and the narrow pad. They had to make the flat position too high in order for it to incline. And they also needed the height for the leg extension accessory. . . .

I'll probably get the $180 adjustable.

starting strength coach development program
    How does the Rogue compare to XMark XM-7472? the capacity seems to be a little higher on the 7472 (1500lbs looking at the bench specs)
    I am curious about the quality of the padding on the XMark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12