starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big shoes for big boys

Default Big shoes for big boys

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm looking into getting some lifting shoes: but people barely carry shoes in my size locally, let alone speciality shoes.

So I find 15UK4E tends to fit the best, but there is a lot of variance between brands and get more confusing when you include US sizes... (UK15 = USA16 supposedly, but USA16 tend to be longer and more narrow in my experience)

Anywho, does anybody have any experience / brand recommendations for big ass feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawn View Post
    I'm looking into getting some lifting shoes: but people barely carry shoes in my size locally, let alone speciality shoes.

So I find 15UK4E tends to fit the best, but there is a lot of variance between brands and get more confusing when you include US sizes... (UK15 = USA16 supposedly, but USA16 tend to be longer and more narrow in my experience)

Anywho, does anybody have any experience / brand recommendations for big ass feet?
    Buy 'em rogues. They have a roomy front end (insert mikey's mom joke here), and will last you a while. In my personal opinion, the romaleos pinch your ties a bit too hard for my liking, and the adipowers are too narrow overall.

Who makes the "rogues"?

I can find power lift 3's online in a USA 16. Adipowers seem to top out at USA 14. The romaelos at something like 13.

Titan Support Systems will make custom job, but they are quite expensive and am uncertain on their fit.

Stretching a pair of powerlift 3 might be the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawn View Post
    Who makes the "rogues"?
    We have a common friend- google. Quite a knowledgeable fucker, is our google.

Quote Originally Posted by lewabbit View Post
    We have a common friend- google.
    Google doesn't really work when you're not specific on your suggestions. I know lifting shoes reasonably well, but even I'm not sure which shoes you're suggesting. I think I can guess, but if I'm guessing correctly, they don't have them in his size.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Google doesn't really work when you're not specific on your suggestions. I know lifting shoes reasonably well, but even I'm not sure which shoes you're suggesting. I think I can guess, but if I'm guessing correctly, they don't have them in his size.
    You could try typing rogue weightlifting shoes into google and the first thing that comes up is, well- rogue weightlifting shoes.

Just to be sure, i tried typing 'rogues weightlifting shoes' into google. Same result.

What more does one need??

If I type in "rogue weightlifting shoes" the first thing is this page here: http://www.roguefitness.com/shoes/weightlifting-shoes

And they sell shoes from adidas, nike, do-win, reebok, inov-8, nobull and surefoot. None from "rogue"...

You could try typing rogue weightlifting shoes into google and the first thing that comes up is, well- rogue weightlifting shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bernhard View Post
    If I type in "rogue weightlifting shoes" the first thing is this page here: http://www.roguefitness.com/shoes/weightlifting-shoes

And they sell shoes from adidas, nike, do-win, reebok, inov-8, nobull and surefoot. None from "rogue"...
    Oddly enough, I got the same link as bernhard. And, also oddly enough, what do I see on that page? Romaleos and Adipowers, among others.

And given that you said:
    In my personal opinion, the romaleos pinch your ties a bit too hard for my liking, and the adipowers are too narrow overall.
    I can see why someone would ask for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by bernhard View Post

You're actually right. I'll be goddamned- they've rebranded to do-win.

Could it be that god is telling me to follow the exortations of my soul, and buy the black/gold reeboks?

Could it? Could it? The suspense is killing the gear whore inside of me.
    Last edited by lewabbit; 07-17-2017 at 05:50 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    And given that you said:

I can see why someone would ask for clarification.
    Damn you,Herbison. Damn you to hell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast