starting strength gym
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to sweatpants for deadlifting?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    Nope. Was never trained in the use of a sewing machine. Fortunately, my wife really enjoys sewing projects, so she doesn't mind hemming my shorts for me.

They were just below the knee cap, which meant they snagged a lot when squatting. Got them because they were cheap at Academy Sports.
    You know you could still learn to use one? I taught my 9 year old in 15 minutes last week.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    You know you could still learn to use one? I taught my 9 year old in 15 minutes last week.
    I could, but wife is already proficient with a sewing machine, and she actually enjoys doing it.

I tried using knee high socks today (Gold Toe), and I don't think it was any cooler than wearing sweatpants. They're rather thick, and now my calves have red rings around them. Maybe I'll go Wal Mart today and see if the Hanes knee high socks are any thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    I'm struggling to understand why you seem to be taking offense to the idea that a man's wife would help him out by performing a task in which she is skilled.

I tried wearing longer compression shorts, shorts, and knee sleeves today, no socks. This combination seems to work good. I was having a lot more trouble pulling the bar up my thighs than up my shins, so knee sleeves and long compression shorts fixes that. Sure is nice to not be wearing sweatpants when the heat index is around 105.

In other news, I used 3 plates for my last deadlift warmup set today, so that's kind of cool.

I saw a ton of shot on the internet over the years but one thing I thought was clever was a picture of someone who dissected a 2 litter soda bottle, punctured it, added elastic straps and wore them over his shins while deadlifting

Adidas Soccer socks. They keep dry and cover from toe to the kneecap - mine are long enough I could o over the knee if I wanted to - silly Irish peasant legs.

I have a pair of Nike workout pants, quite thin material so not overly hot, and very slippery. Protects the shins and I don't sweat any more than in shorts (which granted is STILL a lot).

You can only deadlift in deadlift socks. They'll say something like METAL or Rogue on them and cost 30 bucks a pair. They up your max by 36 percent, more if they're the only thing you're wearing

I wear knee sleeves when I squat, then I just slide the knee sleeves down over my shins when its time to do deadlifts, works well for me.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddecisions View Post
    You can only deadlift in deadlift socks. They'll say something like METAL or Rogue on them and cost 30 bucks a pair. They up your max by 36 percent, more if they're the only thing you're wearing
    Where's the like button on this thing?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast