starting strength gym
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sure, the enzymatic processes can improve somewhat (though not terribly much) and the real point of that general statement is that ATP level change isn't terribly uniform per person, per effort, and the replenishment is asymptotic and not linearly correlated with performance. I should've said more about it, but it would've been too nuanced

minutia

Top 10 Mistakes People Following Starting Strength Make | Barbell Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum

5) Not resting long enough between sets.

After 3 minutes, approximately 80% of your muscle’s ATP has been replenished, at 5 minutes, approximately 95% is back in the game, and at 8 minutes ~ 100% is there. Don’t try to hit PR’s, which happen everyday on this program, with 80% of your muscles’ energy available.
    Thinking/opinion has evolved, changed, modified since this was written then, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Top 10 Mistakes People Following Starting Strength Make | Barbell Medicine

Thinking/opinion has evolved, changed, modified since this was written then, yes?
    "following STARTING STRENGTH" . . the SSNLP . . .. yes, rest as long as you need to hit a 3x5 PR workout after workout

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    "following STARTING STRENGTH" . . the SSNLP . . .. yes, rest as long as you need to hit a 3x5 PR workout after workout
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Sure, the enzymatic processes can improve somewhat (though not terribly much) and the real point of that general statement is that ATP level change isn't terribly uniform per person, per effort, and the replenishment is asymptotic and not linearly correlated with performance. I should've said more about it, but it would've been too nuanced
    Per Jordan above, the program you're doing shouldn't matter, if the earlier quote is still in play, yes, no?

By the way, that's probably one of the places people got that 8 minutes+ for full recovery recommendation. That is all.
    Last edited by Satch12879; 08-22-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Per Jordan above, the program you're doing shouldn't matter, if the earlier quote is still in play, yes, no?
    If you are only doing RPE 7-8's (i.e the Bridge Program, see thread title) you don't need to wait a long time (see how I didn't use eight minutes, see below).

Jordan's Article: After 3 minutes, approximately 80% of your muscle’s ATP has been replenished, at 5 minutes, approximately 95% is back in the game, and at 8 minutes ~ 100% is there. Don’t try to hit PR’s, which happen everyday on this program, with 80% of your muscles’ energy available.
    I guess he should of used "approximately" one more time at "100%". Because it varies, due to reasons.

If you are only doing RPE 7-8s (i.e the Bridge Program, see thread title) you don't need to wait a long time (see how I didn't use eight minutes, see below).

I guess he should of used "approximately" one more time at "100%". Because it varies, due to reasons.
    First, it's "should have used."

Second, I can read the damn thread title.

Third, do you always answer questions on things you'd prefer to answer instead of the question/topic being asked/discussed? The topic was the 8+ minute recommendation that an earlier poster mentioned, particularly for heavy sets, i.e., those at RPE 8-9. Here's the quote where that came up:

Quote Originally Posted by Overtrained View Post
    Given the need for 8 minutes rest for complete ATP recovery, much shorter rest intervals will further reduce weights at the 8/9 target rpe for squats/deadlifts/heavy variations.
    Everyone expressed ignorance as to where it came from, i.e., the 8+ minute recommendation. I found a reference that just so happened to have been written by Jordan. There's a similar bit in Practical Programming. That is all for fuck's sake.

Also, Jordan changes his mind/revises his thinking, so I'm verifying if this is even valid. You know, for the people, like novices, the target audience for this whole website and message board, who will take things as they see them and not think about them at all? Or maybe they'll think about them too much. Or maybe they'll think about them incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Well in your case you'll never be able to leave home.

Third, do you always answer questions on things you'd prefer to answer instead of the question/topic being asked/discussed? The topic was the 8+ minute recommendation that an earlier poster mentioned, particularly for heavy sets, i.e., those at RPE 8-9. Here's the quote where that came up:

Everyone expressed ignorance as to where it came from, i.e., the 8+ minute recommendation. I found a reference that just so happened to have been written by Jordan. There's a similar bit in Practical Programming. That is all for fuck's sake.

Also, Jordan changes his mind/revises his thinking, so I'm verifying if this is even valid. You know, for the people, like novices, the target audience for this whole website and message board, who will take things as they see them and not think about them at all? Or maybe they'll think about them too much. Or maybe they'll think about them incorrectly.
    Some people can't figure out GOMAD either...it's all very nuanced.

starting strength coach development program
    If you are only doing RPE 7-8's (i.e the Bridge Program, see thread title) you don't need to wait a long time (see how I didn't use eight minutes, see below).

Think work sets usually are at 8+ most of the the time on the Bridge, due to the protocols like 5@6, 7, 8*3 mandating a 5% increase per 1 RPE. Maybe the sensible thing is to reduce by ~2.5% when you hit a 8.5, which I haven't done really, but maybe should start doing. Pre-emptive changes are usually a good thing in programming IMO.

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast