starting strength gym
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Definitely some more learning has occurred, but as far as strictly ATP is concerned it's going to be right in that range, though that is not what is solely driving the performance on subsequent sets, ya know? This is why 15 min rest periods don't reliably work either.

I just decided I will stop doing The Bridge and do the 4-day split instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Murelli View Post
    I just decided I will stop doing The Bridge and do the 4-day split instead.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Euby View Post
    Why?
    The post you quoted, like 90% of all posts on this forum, was nothing more than a snark-vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    The post you quoted, like 90% of all posts on this forum, was nothing more than a snark-vehicle.
    The true snarkiness lies in occasionally saying true things among the snarky things, so that savvy users like you are actually wrong when they detect snarkiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Euby View Post
    Why?
    Because it's better than Andy Baker or Barbell Medicine programs, according to some highly regarded people. "Perfect is the enemy of very good". Cue KOTJ and Izzy Narvaez.

True, but its aim is to provoke a discussion. The Training forum has the most productive discussions regarding strength training (and some not so productive).

Quote Originally Posted by perman View Post
    The true snarkiness lies in occasionally saying true things among the snarky things, so that savvy users like you are actually wrong when they detect snarkiness.
    Also true.

Quote Originally Posted by Murelli View Post
    True, but its aim is to provoke a discussion. The Training forum has the most productive discussions regarding strength training (and some not so productive).
    Certain people seem to be using this forum of late to simply unleash all of their pent up aggression and/or make themselves feel clever by taking shots (cheap or otherwise) at Rip, SSC's, and Aasgaard methodology in every damn post. Sometimes (maybe often) there is a valid point at the core of their sarcasm, but it's starting to get really fucking tiresome.

Certain people seem to be using this forum of late to simply unleash all of their pent up aggression and/or make themselves feel clever by taking shots (cheap or otherwise) at Rip, SSC's, and Aasgaard methodology in every damn post. Sometimes (maybe often) there is a valid point at the core of their sarcasm, but it's starting to get really fucking tiresome.
    This happens everywhere on the forums.

Because in spite of the fact that Rip is working on the 4th edition of SS, that there are plenty of threads of people arguing with Rip over even the smallest minutia, and that tons of threads just like this very thread being about a program where two SSC's apparently contradict Rip are provided a voice, for free, by Rip, this place is a cult and the poor oppressed lifters of the internet need a place to vent and expose this illuminati level conspiracy that is Starting Strength.

You are either with them or against them.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post

Because in spite of the fact that Rip is working on the 4th edition of SS, that there are plenty of threads of people arguing with Rip over even the smallest minutia, and that tons of threads just like this very thread being about a program where two SSC's apparently contradict Rip are provided a voice, for free, by Rip, this place is a cult and the poor oppressed lifters of the internet need a place to vent and expose this illuminati level conspiracy that is Starting Strength.

You are either with them or against them.
    Or people are just having fun at the expense of Rip's straight up dismissals of different programming and training views, official SS/Aasgaard articles and threads bashing RPE and all the nuthugging, and provoking arguments that culminate in everyone involved learning something new, like the Asics 727 thread, the belt thread where I got schooled by Savs, and the deadlift in flat shoes thread (aka the Sabo Goodlift thread).

I'm still waiting for someone to take the bait and defend the 4-day split, like this:

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Just run Texas Method 4 day. I have a secret version I'll sell you

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Yes, didn't mean to say it was specific to the Training forum.

Texas method sucks! Limbo presses are bullshit! Straight-line weightlifting is a fantasy! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WE GET IT.

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast