starting strength gym

Thread: Problem with number on different lift

Default Problem with number on different lift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello everyone,

My number (Kg) is as follow: (body weight 75kg, height 168cm) doing SST about 5 months
    SQ: 136.5 kg;
    DL: 165kg;
    PR: 58.75kg;
    BP: 77.5kg;
    PC: 58.75kg;

I feel the gain in PR is very difficult. Even if I rest for 6 or 7 minutes between workset.
    I have a strange problem with BP is that at weight around 80kg, I feel pain in my left front deltoid. But I could do 75kg smoothly.
    I also feel hard to increase the number on PC also.

One more point, normally I do SST like the book advice (Mon Wed Tue at 11.30 am) but I play 1 hour of table tennis all the weekday(at 5 pm) and I do some type of light training or cardio on Tues and Thur. So I wonder if playing table tennis and doing cardio effect my gain in SST? Should I flow the program strictly meaning that only training 3 days then rest 4 remaining days.

One more question, would you give me a general aim for the number according to my body weight to being strong?

Any sort of cardio will impact your ability to progress. However, it is likely to be minimal if you are younger/ get sufficient rest and eat enough.

Most likely you are not eating enough to continue to make gains.

What changes have you made to your program. Have you gone through some of the suggestions for Running out Linear Programming mentioned in the book?

Your limits are up to you. After 5 months you have a lot of time to get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Teppy View Post
    Hello everyone,

My number (Kg) is as follow: (body weight 75kg, height 168cm) doing SST about 5 months
    SQ: 136.5 kg;
    DL: 165kg;
    PR: 58.75kg;
    BP: 77.5kg;
    PC: 58.75kg;
    Dude, you have 0.125 kg weights (~0.276 lbs~0.25 lbs)? That's taking micro-loading seriously, never seen anything below 0.25 kg weights.

Quote Originally Posted by perman View Post
    Dude, you have 0.125 kg weights (~0.276 lbs~0.25 lbs)? That's taking micro-loading seriously, never seen anything below 0.25 kg weights.
    The last load equals 1.25kg, half per side.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    The last load equals 1.25kg, half per side.
    Ah, only accustomed to the Eleiko microweights, which are fractions of kgs, .25, .5, 1 and so on. Dividing the normally lowest increment of 1.25 by 2 is simpler I guess..

My university gym is weird, there's only Eleiko weights and bars, so when people talk of being selfish with the use of bumpers, I haven't experienced the problem since we only have bumpers.

After five months, it might be time for an intermediate program. What were your numbers when you started?

The IPF world records for the -74kg class are 270/211.5/322, so there's some numbers to shoot for.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Coyne View Post
    The IPF world records for the -74kg class are 270/211.5/322, so there's some numbers to shoot for.
    I'd be thrilled with those numbers as a 110kg lifter.