starting strength gym
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Need new knee sleeves. What brand?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Well, you bastards talked me into it. Just ordered a pair of Stoic knee sleeves AND a pair of Evolutionize elbow sleeves (I guess they still have old stock to get rid of with the elbow sleeves? Couldn't find any Stoic branded ones on Amazon). Unlike my knees, my elbows, or more accurately my left elbow, is currently giving me issues, so I figured these were worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    You could have borrowed my rehbands.

I asked this in another thread, but Evolutionize is Stoic now?
    Yeah, apparently they changed the name. If you look at the images on the amazon listing there is one that explains that.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Incorrect. Murelli, who is not only a (mechanical?) engineer, but also a wikipedia-subject-matter expert, has determined "confidence" is not the explanation. He is a wise man. He's also a part-time neurologist.
    Analogy is missing, but that was a sick burn.

I still backed up that knee sleeves are not psychological crutches with sound logic and a few facts, but you still couldn't provide more than imperfect analogies to back up your claims, so they remain unfounded. Where is your god now?

Now I'm wondering if these compression cuffs wouldn't have been a better choice than the elbow sleeves I ordered, for helping with elbow pain issues (not looking to actually add pounds to my bench):

Amazon.com: Evolutionize 7MM Compression Sleeve Cuff (Heavy Neoprene Construction) For arm, elbow, lower leg compression and warmth while weight lifting, powerlifting, bench pressing (11 Inch, Black): Clothing

Anyone have experience with cuffs vs sleeves for elbow pain?

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    I've used both from Evolutionize..both helped. Neither added weight to my bench.
    I guess the cuff just seems more convenient/easier to use day-to-day but maybe I'm overthinking it.

Did you size them per the recommendations? I've seen people in the reviews saying they ordered a size down to help with tendinitis.

Ive had the SBDs for over two years. Ive worn them 3-4 days per week without fail during that time. They are expensive, but very good quality. No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    If you end up buying both, depending on the size I might buy whichever one you like less off you if you don't want it. I just need something to help keep me warm in the garage in the winter.
    I didn't order the cuffs, I'm going to wait and see how I like the elbow sleeves and if they help and aren't too much of a PITA I'll probably just stick with them.

Update: I ordered the Stoic knee sleeves (size large) and have used them a few times now. They're definitely more than just knee-warmers. I had no trouble sitting down with my legs bent with my previous knee sleeves, but the Stoic sleeves make me want to keep my legs extended all the time. They're a bit difficult to get on and off, compared to my previous knee warmers, but it's manageable. I'm very happy with my $35 amazon purchase.

Unfortunately, my squat did not go up by 200kg. So either manveer lied, or mine are defective. Or maybe I was supposed to purchase and wear a Barbell Resistance shirt while using these knee sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    Unfortunately, my squat did not go up by 200kg. So either manveer lied, or mine are defective. Or maybe I was supposed to purchase and wear a Barbell Resistance shirt while using these knee sleeves.
    The t-shirt/knee sleeve synergy is incredible.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Don't forget the Asics 727s. All types of voodoo magic.
    Definitely would've gotten me over 600# on the squat (and bench press).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast