starting strength gym
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need new knee sleeves. What brand?

Question Need new knee sleeves. What brand?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been wearing knee sleeves by 'Pinnacle Flex' that I got on amazon years ago. No clue if they provide any stability for my knees, but they keep em warm and I like that. The last couple weeks they've been leaving indentions on my skin around my upper calves and lower thighs, which kind of hurt.

Need advice on what kind of sleeves I should consider that do something besides keep my knees warm, and fit properly. My upper calves just below my knee are 15.25" around, and my lower thigh 3" above my knee is about 19.5" around.

I think I've seen SBD knee sleeves mentioned around here, but they look a bit expensive. What's special about them?

Most people seem to like Evolutionize sleeves. I find them a little uncomfortable after about an hour, but I'm in the minority.

SBDs are excellent but more than 2x the price. Made well, comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Most people seem to like Evolutionize sleeves. I find them a little uncomfortable after about an hour, but I'm in the minority.

SBDs are excellent but more than 2x the price. Made well, comfortable.
    I have a pair of wrist wraps by Evolutionize, they were affordable, but I'm going to get better/thicker ones when funding allows. I don't think they'll last longer than another year or two given how they're stretching more than they used to.

Will SBDs last for life?

Stoic/Evolutionize is great. I have two pairs. Got them for $40/pair on Amazon.

I have both the Evolutionize and the Strong ones, they are both great! Although the Evolutionize ones aren't allowed in any meet that I am doing in my area so I had to get the STrong ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    Will SBDs last for life?
    Not sure about "for life", but I've had mine for almost two years and there's not any wear that I can see. I'm sure they're slightly looser than when I bought them, but I just try to make my legs bigger to keep up.

Yeah no rehbands, this ain't crossfit!

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Stoic/Evolutionize is great. I have two pairs. Got them for $40/pair on Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Wrist wraps eventually wear out.

Fwiw, I've been saying the Stoic sleeves for around 2-3 years (and SBD, which I rarely wear anymore...harder to get on) and have no signs of breaking down.

They're $35 on Amazon on right now.

Just don't get rehbands.
    Thanks! I'm a poor college student, so I'm all about saving money if I can. $35 fits my budget.

What brand of wrist wraps are y'all wearing?

I have rehband, Eleiko, & SBD knee sleeves. I don't even know why I wear knee sleeves. I swear to god they're the meathead-equivalent of my toddler's blankie. But I won't admit that. They're for "warmth" and "proprioception".

The SBDs are ridiculously well made. But maybe too well made (thick, hot, somewhat annoying to get on).

Rehbands are fine...what's up with the rehband hate?

Eleiko are also fine. I've beaten the living shit out of the Eleikos and have had no problems with durability.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    Thanks! I'm a poor college student, so I'm all about saving money if I can. $35 fits my budget.

What brand of wrist wraps are y'all wearing?
    I used these for a long time. They work fine, $25: Amazon.com: Schiek Wrist Wraps - Extra Long (Black) - New!: Sports & Outdoors

I have SBD flexible ones now... didn't need them really, but IPF approval and also an excuse to get new gear, so #yolo

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    I have rehband, Eleiko, & SBD knee sleeves. I don't even know why I wear knee sleeves. I swear to god they're the meathead-equivalent of my toddler's blankie. But I won't admit that. They're for "warmth" and "proprioception".
    I squat more with knee sleeves. That's reason enough. IDGAF why.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast