starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foam rolling because...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Foam rolling because... hitting yourself with a meat tenderiser isn't painful enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Murelli View Post
    Quantifying the effects massage had on his recovery... Tuscherer is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Murelli View Post
    Though if you like the feeling after, the risk reward is better with foam rolling because it's not $60.

Personally I used to do it after every session, got busy, did just some stretching if anything after sessions. I got a couple of muscle tweaks in my back in addition to feeling kind of shitty which I eventually realized was due to hip tightness. I was watching some video from a PT on how to deal with hip tightness on your own and I realized it was basically applying pressure to legs, etc, and I could do that with foam rolling. As soon as I did, my hips felt way better- when I foam roll it seems to loosen that area up. So for me, I think it was playing a preventative role I wasn't respecting (still don't really cause still busy), and when I stopped doing it, it stopped preventing that problem.

Also I can only get a really nice back crack if I roll everything else first. Which kind of sucks, though I think it's more about the relaxation than the foam rolling.

starting strength coach development program
    After I had some chiropractics a few years ago that worked on my shoulders and upper back, I've been able to "crack" the thoracic spine by foam rolling on it. This provides some temporary relief, but I have to do it often, so it never helps long term for anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12