starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Race to 700lb Deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    TM is the wrong program for several reasons, especially if you want a big deadlift. Search the forum if you want to read the dozens of posts on TM's shortcomings.
    Hmm, OK, i think i should search the forum

Yes indeedy. This is a nice goal.

Depending on how my training goes in the near future, getting a 700lb deadlift in 2018 would be pretty nice.

Sure, I'm in. Though I'm not sure I'll be "racing," considering I'm not even going the right direction currently. I did 661 on 3 Dec 16, and the best I've done since is 607. Maybe I'll have more success once I'm back home. And maybe I'll try to sumo it to blow Vince's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Let me be the first to say "fuck you". And good luck.
    Let me be the second.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Not saying you can't do it, I'll give you all the support in the world, but it took me longer than that (with about 30 detours) to get from 500 to 585.

And unless you are really awesome at building strength, TM probably won't do it.
    Well, i’m still figuring it out, so thanks for your reply.
    If not the TM then which one? HLM?

I'm in but a little behind the race. My best deadlift is 622. I'm still chasing my old numbers but regaining strength is faster than building it and I believe that I can catch up.

My training is by the book, so yes, deadlift 5RM once a week, as i understand, when its start to be hard to add more weight to the bar then i will just have to do partial exercises..

"By the book" is not always best solution for deadlifts. This was the case for me once I got past 500 or so. You might have to try other methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Muhannad View Post
    My training is by the book, so yes, deadlift 5RM once a week, as i understand, when its start to be hard to add more weight to the bar then i will just have to do partial exercises..
    Your results may vary but I have gotten to the mid-600's doing nothing but deadlifting. No partials of any kind, no SLDL's, no RDL's, no deficit deadlifts, etc. I just deadlift twice a week, once heavy and once medium/light. Still just 4 sets total at this point. I was going to start rotating in rack pulls on my heavy day when I start my next training cycle but I'm wondering if I should just keep deadlifting since that still seems to be working. I kind of wonder though if deadlifting heavy every week is holding my squat back due to fatigue.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm in.. just did 290kg/639 USAPL.
    Texas method got me to 617 but I'll agree that it sucks. Injuries/life have held me back, finally feeling like things are coming together though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast