starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best SS barbell options in UK/ Europe

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-UK View Post
    Yeah, makes sense. I decided to prioritise bench, particularly as I realised I only use incline/seated press with DBs. I particularly didn't like the gap between the pads all of the adjustable benches had but the ATX was much better in that regard when I tried it. I may spring for a Barbarian one at some point at cheaper and still pretty good and won't be my main bench.

Yep, £250 extra for either so I went for the monster J hooks but left the safeties...although I am considering seeing if they can add them to the order as liked the ATX ones I saw (like yours) - but am already £££ over budget! : d
    Yea the gap on mine is about an inch and a half, enough that you do sometimes notice it. Can't go wrong with a flat bench - I'd probably have been as well sticking with a flat to be honest as 99% of my work is flat, but at least this way I've got no excuse to avoid incline!

The J hooks are really nice so great upgrade. IIRC they are similar to sandwich hooks which give all round bar protection - I think on a pricey rack that's a must. I'd be tempted in your position to go for box safeties, might make the front two free standing posts a bit more rigid if doing chins etc. That said £250 could go towards another bar.... Gym spends are never ending!!!

starting strength coach development program
    Get the Rogue Ohio Power bar. Eventually you'll want a 28mm oly bar if you continue with those lifts beyond the novice progression.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123