starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For the Married guys: wedding ring question.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've a titanium ring- doesn't oval, flatten, or even scratch easily. I do take it off for deadlifts, and sometimes when working in the shop, otherwise it's usually on.... or sitting with the chalk, where I set it when doing dead lifts. Lifted last night, it's still there right now.

I take mine off in the home gym.. hang it near my keys so I never forget it.

On the topic of wedding rings, I have a Tungsten steel one that is 10 years old now. I am so impressed with it. It only cost like $200 or so, but that things still looks exactly like the day we bought it. It's amazing. I do not baby it either. I only take it off during weightlifting, otherwise it gets bumped, scratched, etc. all the time. The lady in the store took a file too it and it didn't even scratch it. I couldn't get my money out my wallet fast enough.

I take it off while lifting so the knurling doesn't scratch it up and while working on the car so I don't scratch the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    I’ve got one giant callous forming and it’s in my left hand below my wedding ring finger. Do you guys take your rings off while working out? I haven’t but am starting to think it might be best.
    Take it off for any physical activity. It's not a magical talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    I take mine off in the home gym.. hang it near my keys so I never forget it.

On the topic of wedding rings, I have a Tungsten steel one that is 10 years old now. I am so impressed with it. It only cost like $200 or so, but that things still looks exactly like the day we bought it. It's amazing. I do not baby it either. I only take it off during weightlifting, otherwise it gets bumped, scratched, etc. all the time. The lady in the store took a file too it and it didn't even scratch it. I couldn't get my money out my wallet fast enough.
    I've a tungsten ring too. 5 years now, and also looks the same the day I bought it. Best thing about tungsten rings is that I never have to worry about having a bottle opener.

Always off for lifting. It changes my grip in small ways when it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by crc View Post
    Take it off for any physical activity. It's not a magical talisman.
    No. But it is the worlds smallest handcuff.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    I’ve got one giant callous forming and it’s in my left hand below my wedding ring finger. Do you guys take your rings off while working out? I haven’t but am starting to think it might be best.
    I always take it off for training. Primarily because I don't want to scratch it with bar knurling, but also because I don't want to have to cut it off if I end up dropping a bar on my hand or something. I either leave it at home or put it on my keychain that goes in my gym bag (keychain is a carabineer, so it's easy to get things on and off).

Also, I once googled "degloving injuries" and only needed a couple images to decide it wasn't worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ease View Post
    Grab you one of the silicon rings, there are several different brands and infinite colors/designs. Some are even made to look like metal. I have a qalo myself. Cheap and flexible.
    Before my wedding this summer, we bought a 4 pack of these in multi colors for 30 bucks. There were no metal rings, these are what we exchanged!

starting strength coach development program
    Not married.

Older brother has Qalo rings. Loves them for lifting and not lifting. Cost effective and he changes up the colors all the time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast