starting strength gym

Thread: 2 days break between workouts, press 3x3

Default 2 days break between workouts, press 3x3

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have decided to try training every other day about a month ago instead of training 2 or 3 times a week and so far i am very happy with my choice. Is anyone else doing this type of training? I thing i remember Rip saying in starting strength book that this type of training is pefrect, that we get enough recovery, 2 days between each workout. I feel good with training like this so far and am going to stick to it for now.
    This are my lifts as of today i am 34, 6.1" and 108 kg at about 20% fat and i was doing starting strength since aprill 2017
    squat 165kg 3x5
    deadlift 185 kg 1x5
    bench 125kg 3x5
    press 82kg 3x5
    power clean 80kg 5x3
    I plan to add another 20 kg to my squat for sets by the end of the year.
    I have a question about the press i am at 82 kg for sets at the moment i switched to 3 sets of 3 for 2 weeks and was able to do my sets with 86 kg. I wonder for how long can i keep my sets at 3 reps before i will overtrain? Anyone has any experience with that? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajtar View Post
    I have decided to try training every other day about a month ago instead of training 2 or 3 times a week and so far i am very happy with my choice. Is anyone else doing this type of training? I thing i remember Rip saying in starting strength book that this type of training is pefrect, that we get enough recovery, 2 days between each workout. I feel good with training like this so far and am going to stick to it for now.
    This are my lifts as of today i am 34, 6.1" and 108 kg at about 20% fat and i was doing starting strength since aprill 2017
    squat 165kg 3x5
    deadlift 185 kg 1x5
    bench 125kg 3x5
    press 82kg 3x5
    power clean 80kg 5x3
    I plan to add another 20 kg to my squat for sets by the end of the year.
    I have a question about the press i am at 82 kg for sets at the moment i switched to 3 sets of 3 for 2 weeks and was able to do my sets with 86 kg. I wonder for how long can i keep my sets at 3 reps before i will overtrain? Anyone has any experience with that? Thanks in advance.
    I'm confused - training every other day means that you train one day, rest the next, train the next, repeat. You wind up training 3-4 times a week. If you train with two days between each workout, meaning that you train one day, rest two days, and train again, you're training usually only 2 days a week. But you're saying that you decided to train every other day instead of 2 or 3 times a week, but then that you're taking 2 days between each workout. How many days a week are you training?

Quote Originally Posted by crc View Post
    I'm confused - training every other day means that you train one day, rest the next, train the next, repeat. You wind up training 3-4 times a week. If you train with two days between each workout, meaning that you train one day, rest two days, and train again, you're training usually only 2 days a week. But you're saying that you decided to train every other day instead of 2 or 3 times a week, but then that you're taking 2 days between each workout. How many days a week are you training?
    M - W - F - Su - Tu - Th - Sa - M -.......I believe he meant he trains Monday 6 AM and then Wednesday 6 AM, etc etc..that's 48 hrs between workouts or 47 if you want to be really precise.

Quote Originally Posted by crc View Post
    I mean i have 2 days break between workouts for example i train monday then thursday then sunday and next week wednsday then saturday etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajtar View Post
    I mean i have 2 days break between workouts for example i train monday then thursday then sunday and next week wednsday then saturday etc.

This is one of the Adv Novice training methods to implement to squeeze more pounds out of your LP.

The one is a top set and the two back-off sets.
    Second is switching to 3x3
    Third is kind of a combination of 3x3 and less frequency (every third day).

I was going to do the less frequency method after my top set/back-off set got to triples but with my goal of squatting 405 and pulling 500lbs by Dec 29th I'll probably do a taper program to hit my goals.

starting strength coach development program
    I think you've made great progress doing hat you were doing and shouldn't sop until the program stops working.