starting strength gym

Thread: Fatass gives a talk

Default Fatass gives a talk

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    As I mentioned in the Thread of Awesome about a month ago, I submitted up a talk for the Spiceworks annual convention / party in Austin Texas called Spiceworld. Spiceworks is a helpdesk and inventory system that's been under continual improvement and work since 2006, and I've rolled it out to a few places who needed an easy to use and inexpensive (read: free) way to track issues and requests.

Much to my panic, the talk I submitted up, Never Mind the Network's Health - What About Yours?, was accepted. The clock started ticking then and for the next four months I worked on researching and gathering info into a presentation before an audience that, from the best guess anyone could give, would be between twenty and two hundred IT professionals.

I decided to cover the basics of five topics - ergonomics, nutrition, exercise, stress, and recovery. I got permission from Aasgaard Company (thanks, by the way!) to use Dr. Sullivan's Sick Aging Phenotype graphic, and creative commons for the remainder, and put together a deceit forty-five minute talk with a long Q&A after.

Quite honestly, if it weren't for the time on here reading and asking questions, I'd never have thought to give the talk I did.

So, for your viewing pleasure, Never Mind the Network's Health - What About Yours?, and in advance I apologize for the camera angle.

Well done! Liked how you handled Q&A.

Thanks - the Q&A was my favorite part.