starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: App Recommendations

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm using Workouts: Gym Exercise Tracker. I created a custom workout called "Starting Strength" and put in all my warmup sets as separate workouts, then my working sets as one workout with 3 sets. You can set the rest time between and after sets as well.

The only thing I'm not super happy with is if you forget to "finish" your workout, the app will eventually shut itself down and you'll lose the progress. But otherwise it works just fine for keeping a log and is super convenient as a tool in the gym. I also have to choose "sitting press" instead of Press, because standing Press isn't an option -- but I obviously just do standing Presses anyway when the app tells me to do a sitting press.

I use Jefit, the free version. Totally customizable, syncs from the phone to the web, reports, graphs, goals, etc.

The workout shows what weights/reps you did last time, creates a really detailed log that's been very helpful. I've used it for SSLP, a modified 4 day SSLP, old man Texas Method, now whatever the fuck I'm doing... kinda GSLP with some old man tweaks to it.

Anyone have pointers for a good Android app that allows to add a comment to EVERY set and view them all at a glance?

Looking for tracking RPE...

Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    Anyone have pointers for a good Android app that allows to add a comment to EVERY set and view them all at a glance?

Looking for tracking RPE...
    RTS you can track RPE. Not comment every set though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlk93 View Post
    RTS you can track RPE. Not comment every set though.
    I could not find an RTS app in the android store. Is it under a different name or is it only for iPhones?

I think he’s referring to the web application on the RTS site. Don’t think they have a true app for any of the mobile platforms. Though I did hear Mike T on a podcast recently say it’s something they’d like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dhalli View Post
    I use Jefit, the free version. Totally customizable, syncs from the phone to the web, reports, graphs, goals, etc.

The workout shows what weights/reps you did last time, creates a really detailed log that's been very helpful. I've used it for SSLP, a modified 4 day SSLP, old man Texas Method, now whatever the fuck I'm doing... kinda GSLP with some old man tweaks to it.
    I like Jefit overall, but the lack of data export makes me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    I like Jefit overall, but the lack of data export makes me crazy.
    It's clunky, and kind of a pain, but you can export data... a .bak file that can be opened with Sqlite and exported as a .csv.

How to export data from jefit.bak file to excel(.csv)

Quote Originally Posted by dhalli View Post
    It's clunky, and kind of a pain, but you can export data... a .bak file that can be opened with Sqlite and exported as a .csv.

How to export data from jefit.bak file to excel(.csv)
    Just tried but it's asking for a password to decrypt the database. Looks like they encrypted it to prevent this method....

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    Just tried but it's asking for a password to decrypt the database. Looks like they encrypted it to prevent this method....
    Dammit....
    It worked a few months ago, just tried now... same thing. Asking for a password. Fuckers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast