starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth headphones for lifters

Default Bluetooth headphones for lifters

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Suggestions for a set of bluetooth headphones that can withstand SS?

I use set of Jaybird X3. They fit snugly, have decent sound quality, and sufficient range to record lifts with the cellphone while wearing them.

Mine were about $100 Canadian on sale from Bestbuy.

Mpow has a few models that range from $15-20 on Amazon, I've always had good luck with them.

Jaybird X3 here as well. I’ve gone through a ton of different BT phones looking to replace my Bose Soundsports wired phones. The Jaybirds ere the only ones that worked well and stayed put with even vigorous workouts. YMMV, of course.

I use a TaoTronics headset ($25 at amazon). I guess the issue is getting them to stay in the ears. I can't find anything that will stay in during power cleans, but they're fine otherwise. You could always swap out the earbud tips with the over-the-ear style clip replacements. Those really stay in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    Indeed they will. The neck loop on them is actually pretty small so it doesn't even come close to the bar.

Yup. They can be worn in two configurations. Hey come with two small cable managers so you can wear them with the cord over top of the ear and behind the head. They stay for me rowing, squatting,biking, yard work, etc. just fine.

I wear them with the neck loop under the chin for squats and behind the neck for cleans. I've had zero problems, but you need to dedicate a little time picking the appropriate bud size and ear latch things.

I've used a couple of cheaper pairs and the real issue is interference / squealing on the Bluetooth band. This is more of a problem in a gym than a garage where you have a fixed setup.

starting strength coach development program
    I use the Jaybirds as well. I actually had a set of Jaybirds previous to the X3’s that I bought about 2 years ago. They’re still going. I just wanted a set for outdoor sport that I could keep in the car. The other set I keep at home for my training. I was always forgetting to move them back and forth. They have an app that allows you to customize the equalization as well. Plus they come with the Comply ear tips. These things are great. They block out all the external sound and help with the bass.

I tried the Beats version, and they sounded terrible relative to the Jaybirds. They were just too much bass and didn’t sound right.

They have a setup for the cord where you can put it behind your head and make tight. So you can wear it like this, and it doesn’t interfere with anything, including squats. It’s even comfortable when laying your head on the bench for bench presses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast