starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Purchase new bench?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Okay, you bough your bench so now I'll hijack your thread, Bean 438.

Can anyone comment on the cheap Titan bench to the Rep Fitness bench I was planning to get, $130 shipped since I'm a Prime member: Amazon.com : Rep Flat Bench - FB-3000 - 1, 000 lb Rating for Weightlifting : Sports & Outdoors

I'm evaluating them as "very similar". Anyone encounter any inaccurately stated dimensions in either model? The Titan says is only 17" total width and the Rep bench is 16.5, that sounds narrow/unstable, but then again, the base probably won't get in the way of my feet.

Note: Anything will be an upgrade over the scrapwood jalopy I built myself, out of 2x4s and OSB (I lie directly on the OSB, so a bench with the pad might make me feel like a wussy. At least I made the top 15" wide though).

That RF bench looks pretty good to me.

Russ, the 2 benches are similar. But they are “4 legged benches”. Better of with a tripod.

This just in........ Rep has another bench, FP5000 competition bench. This is the one you,want. It’s way beefier, got 3 legs, and only 20 more than the rep you,were looking at. Seriously look,at this bench. I’m upset I,was not aware of this bench before I ordered my elite. I,believe this to be a better bench than the one I ordered except mine has a grippy pad. The rep bench will have on in the future. But for now ships with a standard final pad

Rep FB-5000 Competition Flat Bench - Benches - Benches, Sleds, and GHD - Strength

They should name it the rogue killer. There is no reason to buy a rogue. None.

Ooh, that looks really nice. Thanks for pointing it out.

Your welcome. They’re even offering the grip pad when it’s available for 30 bucks shipped. That puts it still 40 bucks cheaper than efs.

It just looks awesome. I’m still regretting not ordering it, although my efs will be white frame and black pad to match my existing stuff.

Not finding the 5000 on Amazon. Shipping is a buck a pound to me. Advantage Titan at this point.

Yeah it's $50 to ship here. Still thinking it's worth it for $170.

For what it's worth, I have the Rep Fitness bench. FB-3000. It's a tank. The padding/cover is very nice to me. Not too sticky but also not too slick. Feels a little like the outside of a leather golf or baseball glove. It's bolt together and very well built. It's also rated for 1000 lbs so there's no worries as far as safety goes.

starting strength coach development program
    That's good to hear. Right now I'm leaning toward not being cheap for once in my life, since I might never need another bench, and I really like the look of that FB-5000.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast