starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Purchase new bench?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am pleased with my Titan flat bench. It does what it is supposed to do. I lift with my son, me in the rack and him outside (with spotter arms) so we move the bench frequently. The wheels help, but are not a necessity. It is a great value.

B3134755-16F3-476C-A196-24595271528B.jpg

What about this? It’s local.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean438 View Post
    B3134755-16F3-476C-A196-24595271528B.jpg

What about this? It’s local.
    Will probably work.

The titan bench is well worth the money. Very stable and comfortable, my only knock is I feel that the surface is a bit slick for my taste. I think it just needs to be broken in a bit.

Talk about overload. I have 8 benches in mind ranging from 220 to 516 dollars. All with Rip’s specs.
    Differences are name brand, place of origin, and color/ pad gripiness.

The 220 bench is China made and yellow. Most expensive is a rogue monster cut down to 17”.

I've lifted on a Rogue bench and the difference in the covering is *massively* different than your typical vinyl/leatherette covered bench. The Rogue is super-grippy, more than even my rough burlap covered bench at home. I don't know about the other brands but just be aware that the material covering the bench can make a large difference (just like having a bench with good dimensions).

My elitefts bench was ordered with their “gripper” padding, which is either identical, or very similar to the rogue.
    This bench also has The advantage of being a tripod,design which helps with an uneven floor. A bolt together bench or 4 leg bench like rogue is a no go on uneven surface.
    Add to the fact that rogue for reasons unknown don’t produce a proper height bench (why else would you need such a bench, especially the monster bench). Rogue will cut down your bench to whatever height you want (not a well known fact) but I didn’t want to pay rogue to make the bench the way it should have been made.
    Rogue is also in my opinion overpriced and I believe this is because Crossfit is “cool” right now.
    I will. Say that rogue was prompt and curtious when it came to correspondence, but at the end of the day elitefts is providing me with a proper bench, with a nice grippy pad, and at a cost I’m happy with.

Which EliteFTS bench did you go for, out of curiosity.

starting strength coach development program
    I bought the Scholastic dumbbell flatbench, bolt together model.
    White frame and a black “gripper” pad.
    Unfortunately Santa won’t be able to deliver it for Christmas, but elite said they are shipping around 3-4 weeks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast